27. You should hold it tight

Little by little Jimin's depressive picture has been able to subside, coinciding with Namjoon accepting Hoseok into his home. The poor boy doesn't have such a connection with Jin and Jungkook is not reacting to anything, even his buyers are on standby waiting for him, knowing the deep connection he had with Yoongi.

Namjoon wonders, is it possible to love an Omega so much? Or rather is it possible to love a person you chose at a childbearing center so much? He doesn't understand. He doesn't consider that he will ever love Jimin that much either.

Indifferent to how much he sees him every day.

Playing with the baby they decided to name Agust.

Playing with Hoseok.

Bathing them, helping them sleep; teaching Hoseok how to read, write and devoting himself almost entirely to him.

The fact that Jimin has taken an entire wall in front of his room for another mural, an artistic and chilling depiction of what happened in the cafe: pirates attacking mermaids and cutting off their tails. He disguises it quite well, setting the blood as golden threads returning to the sea from the ships.

Hoseok doesn't even understand it and finds it cute. Kind of a fantasy story. Where the souls of mermaids go to the bottom of the sea.

"What are you painting?"

"Daddy Yoongi."

"You have to make his eyes a little more... Ready."

Hoseok smiles, face full of paint and a scribble on the wall. Namjoon cocks his head to one side. He doesn't know at what point he allowed his walls to be artistic showstoppers, but he's not going to tell them no. At another time it would have bothered him. Now he hopes to get home to see what he finds again.

"I made you dinner." warns Jimin, getting up from the floor.

"I noticed... How's Agust?"

"He's already asleep. It seems to be his favorite thing to do" he laughs helplessly, "although he really liked the stuffed animal you brought him" Namjoon squeezes his eyes and smile. He brought a green dragon doll. He thought it cute. "Shall I warm up the food?"

"No. I do."

Jimin smiles softly and nods, sitting back down with Hoseok to paint.

~ * * * ~

"Do you need help?"

Jimin nods, dozing in the tub. Namjoon sits on the edge and helps him wash his hair. It's a little longer and being so curly, it looks especially good on him. Jimin closes his eyes, hugs his legs and looks at the pottery in front of him.

"Why did I survive?"

"Maybe your goddess saved you." Namjoon answers in the simplest way he can think of. Jimin exhales.

"Why did she save me?"

"Because she likes your red curls."

"Yoongi had more people to take care of... He deserved to live longer than me."

"Maybe he was so cute that the goddess took him away."

"You don't believe in the goddess and I'm not cute? Why didn't she take me?"

Namjoon laughs through his nose. One part sounds like Jimin claiming, the other like Jin in his way of bringing up Jimin: don't let anyone make it seem like you're less cute than anyone else. At most, equal.

"I don't believe in her, but you do and from listening to you so much, I know a thing or two; I think you're cuter than him. The difference is you haven't lived through anything" He turns on the hand held shower and starts rinsing her hair. "The goddess must want you to know what life is like before she takes you with her."