25. Something (not everything) lost

"Looks like someone didn't do too well."

"Someone had to fight off fifteen annoying old men who called him a child and incompetent for wanting to save everyone else's job. So, yeah, it didn't go very well."

Jin resists laughter. Namjoon is so hilariously frustrated. At least to him who can see it in his moment of tantrum before moving on to genuine annoyance and tiredness. They would have continued to banter before setting off to go to their planned outing. What interrupts is an emergency call directly to Namjoon's cell phone and his secretary walking in as if a war started.

"Sir, there is unrest in the center of the city, in the northwest part" Jin slowly loses his smile and Namjoon's expression warps as he reads the message further, almost ignoring what his secretary is saying. "Due to the caliber of weapons, military forces are being moved. G- General Choi r-requests your cooperation-"

Terrorist attack initiated at Kottbak Square. Requested military deployment already tested. Mobilization of military forces and medical vehicles underway. Any armed civilian is considered a threat. All omegas in the area to be evacuated and secured.

"Jimin is over there!"

Namjoon rushes out, accidentally taking his secretary with him. Jin grabs his backpack so he doesn't have to go back later, having a feeling it would be a hectic day unlike what he thought. He gets into his car, being closer than Namjoon's and drives in a hurry in the indicated direction. Namjoon had a chance to grab a backpack with weapons to attack if necessary.

It is close, very close, so they also did not consider that anyone would dare to do something like that. Namjoon forces Jin to park relatively far away and not put himself at risk. Having a bulletproof vest over his clothes and weapons in a backpack, without with the one he has on hand.

It doesn't take too long before he has to kill two people. Both with military-caliber weapons that he can't imagine where they could have come from. How did they get that much firepower? He can't explain it to himself. He makes his way to the coffee shop where Jungkook warned they would be. He sees their car in the distance, full of gunfire and having fire in the front.

"General." a soldier salutes.

"A red-haired Omega, a Holy Grace Where is he?" Namjoon asks hastily. There are too many bodies being moved here. Another soldier walks up and checks the form they've been filling out on the way.

"He's the only one without paperwork, but due to his health condition we sent him to a hospital" he explains and Namjoon breaks into a cold sweat, suddenly remembering the biggest problem: Jimin can't experience strong emotions. "He didn't have any wounds, but he was bleeding sir."

"Which hospital?"

"Was next to another Omega. He didn't survive though."

Namjoon opens and closes his mouth What do you mean by that, is Yoongi dead?

~ * * * ~

"If we sedate him he won't survive."

"The pain might make him fall into a coma, we have to do something."

"We have to finish what his body started on its own."

"His partner is not here."

"He'll be thankful we saved him and didn't let them both die."

Jimin won't stop crying, hysterical and in too much pain. They spread his legs and his scream becomes worse to it Why does it hurt so much? He can't see anything. Everything is so blurry and he's not able to process what's going on with him, with everything around him.