𝐴𝑛𝑔𝑒𝑙 𝑜𝑓 𝑀𝑖𝑛𝑒

𝐵𝑒𝑦𝑜𝑛𝑐𝑒̀

She was in and out of consciousness. Mumbling incoherently about something as she weakly touched my face. I gazed up at Zendaya who had come home at the same time as me, shocked by my appearance.

I was, too. After I'd laid Onika down, I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. I couldn't define what I saw but it was incredible. From the wings to the halo above my head, I couldn't tell if I was dreaming or if I really was the entity my mother always said would always help protect me.

Not only I, but Zendaya as well.

"You knew this whole time?" I scoffed quietly and she rolled her eyes.

"I knew you had the soul of an angel and of your real bloodline, I didn't know your power would activate while I was gone, let alone with a demon in the mix. Beyoncé, this is against all of our rules." She pressed, placing pillows around Onika.

"She's not all demon, I can see her wings and the halo thing above her head, can't you?" I frowned. Z shook her head, looking at me like I was crazy. Rolling my eyes, I turned back to Onika and leaned closer to her. Tears were brimming her pretty eyes as she shook. I heard her whimpering, crying softly and squirming in pain. "Nicki, what's wrong?" I rushed out, pulling the blanket I had laid on her off completely.

There was this glowing symbol on her thigh, little clouds of smoke arising from it. She cried harder as it burned brighter.

"S-stop it! P-please, m-make it stop! Fuck!" She screamed in agony and I didn't know what to do or how to help her. I began crying myself. Why did I feel this way? Seeing her in all this pain... why was it affecting me like this?

"Hey, hey," I hesitated, gently grabbing her face and making her look at me. She stared with scared, glossy eyes. "I've got you, okay. I'ma make it stop, just trust me."

I have no clue how to help her, but I felt like I could. When she nodded, I placed my hand over the symbol and said a small prayer, hoping to be answered.

Onika screamed, sobbing between each loud outburst. She tried to squirm away but I held her in place as a bright white light glowed over the symbol. She clawed at my hand, attempting to break free, but I didn't let go. Daya grabbed Onika's arm and held her down on the other side.

I hovered my face over hers, speaking to her softly and trying to coax her through her tears and pain. Her crying calmed down a little as the light dimmed, and when she finally calmed down she was left with a wet face and unsteady breathing. We let her go, allowing her to sit up. Z patted my shoulder, "I'll leave you to it."

She left us in the room by ourselves. Onika wiped her face, pulling her legs up to her chest. "W-why would you bring me here?"

"I wanted to help you-"

"You shouldn't have. You just sighed yourself a fucking death wish, Beyoncé." She narrowed her eyes at me, causing a frown to take over my face.

"I wanted to help you, Onika. For some odd reason, I could feel that something wasn't right. Who were those people? What's going on? How is it possible for me to be an angel and for you... to be a demon?" This barely made sense to me, and for her to be any type of upset that I was willing to help her was pissing me off.

Climbing into bed as she watched me, I took a deep breath and laid beside her. "Just talk to me, why are you being so distant?"

"We shouldn't be talking to each other at all. My kind doesn't fraternize with angles. Especially archangels like yourself. Half-breed or not, you're as much of a threat to me as I am to you."