𝑅𝑜𝑠𝑒𝑠

𝑍𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑎𝑦𝑎

I had been assigned to her since she was born. I've taken care of each life she'd lived prior to this one and will continue to do so if she doesn't go through the process of finding herself in this lifetime.

She is half angel and the soul she carries is not fully hers. She has a pure soul. It chooses angels that live amongst humans. Ones that need to admitted into the gates because of them usually being half-bred.

Like our wonderful Beyoncé.

She's smart but naive when it comes to falling for people. I'm afraid she'll fall in love with the demon, and as much as I would love to stop it I know better than to interfere with her life to that extent.

I just care about her, more than anything. She's so kind and pure hearted, I'm surprised her powers haven't already been unleashed. The girl was capable of so much, I mean, she's the daughter of the most powerful Angel in Heaven. He sent me down here to watch over and guide her in the first place.

The term guardian angel is used quite loosely, but I must say, it fits the job description pretty well.

It was time for my annual trip back to Heaven. One week out of every year I've gone to give Matthew information on how Beyoncé has been feeling, if I've seen any changes, and of course, keeping him caught up on her life on Earth.

"Daya, can I please come with you? You know I don't want anything to do with these people." She pleaded, giving puppy eyes. I cooed, mushing her face back.

"You need to quit before Mama T hears you."

She sucked her teeth. "Ain't nobody worried about that old lady–"

"You ain't too old for an ass whoopin', Giselle. Keep playin' with me lil girl." Tina glared at Beyoncé who quickly put her hands up in surrender. Her mother looked at me and nodded subtly, I returned it.

"Can I at least walk you to the car?"

I smiled at my best friend, grabbing her hand and pulling her to the door. We talked about any and everything on our little two minute walk to the car. I hate the thought of leaving her here, knowing what she is, but I also know it wouldn't be easy to bring her where I'm going.

Her eyes watered, "I'ma gonna miss you though."

"I'll only be gone for a week, B. It isn't gonna be for forever."

"But a week is forever! What am I gonna do while you're gone?" She exaggerated, throwing her head back. This girl is for real throwing a tantrum over this.

"You'll be okay. Hey, you can volunteer at the children's hospital on Wednesday in my place. You'll love it, they have a petting zoo and everything, B."

Her eyes light up a little but she still looked sad. "It won't be the same."

"I know, but I promise I won't be gone too long. Alright? Call me every day if you have to. I have to go before I miss my flight." I pulled her into a hug, using my powers to calm her and make her at least a little bit happier.

"Bye, B." I squeezed her.

"Bye, Z." She smiled as I pulled away. Getting in my car, I waved her goodbye and pulled off onto the main road.