𝑁𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑊𝑎𝑙𝑘𝑒𝑟𝑠

𝑂𝑚𝑛𝑖𝑠𝑐𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑡

Love.

That's all she saw in the child's eyes as she gazed into her mother's. Smiling that wide, toothless smile of a bad little kid whose mother spoiled regardless.

"Come on, Junie. Tell the doctor goodbye."  The mother said, turning the little girl right back around. The demon watched the little girl hug her legs, grinning at her. "Buh bye, Ms. Nika!" Her small voice squeaked.

"Bye my little Junebug. Take care of that arm, okay?"

The child nodded, going back to her mother and waving as they left.

Onika pulled off her gloves, sanitizing her hands before leaving the room. She went to the back, opening up her locker and grabbing her bag and removing her doctors coat.

"Maraj," someone called after her as soon as she opened the door. Onika sighed, turning with a tight lipped smile. Her boss, Angela, eyed her suspiciously. The older woman was always on edge when dealing with her employee, especially one... so young.

The 23 year old claimed to be a prodigy. Saying that because of her smarts she skipped multiple grades and went into college early. Onika was lying, of course, but Angela wouldn't know that nor would she find out.

"I won't be here tomorrow morning so I need for you to come in early. My niece is bringing her son, he's been complaining about abdominal pain since last night and she's highly concerned. I need you to check him out for me while I'm gone."

The shorter woman nodded but internally rolled her eyes. She hated early morning shifts, especially when it isn't her own. Meaning, she would have to skip out on draining tonight.

Which she didn't mind at all.

The older woman narrowed her eyes before waving the girl off and walking away. Onika sighed, finally leaving the building and making her way to her car. She climbed inside and glanced in the rear view.

"Stop lurking." She huffed. The shadow shifted, a woman, dimples deep as the ocean smiled back at her. "Hey sis." She chuckled.

Lauren, Onika's half sister. Another one her mother's nosey children.

"Get out of my car Lauren

"Get out of my car Lauren."

"Bring me to this party that's happening tonight." The girl climbed into the front seat and kicked her feet up on the dashboard. Onika glared at her before pinching the bridge of her nose. "Why would I bring you anywhere, Lauren?"