chapter 9 "The Cat and Mouse"

Start from the beginning

With this pill I was able to think clearly without distractions, and I for one.

I wanted revenge, sweet, cold, brutal revenge. 

If I was going to be stuck here until we had an escape plan I was going to make this mutt's life a living hell, I wasn't called 'Ghost' for nothing, he may have been a supreme Alpha but he wasn't invincible.

Of course it took some convincing but I was confident in my team's skills, we stuck together, while we were here, we were going to get Jenny back.

Normally we wouldn't take such a risk right now, especially with my sudden updated value in the wolf world. 

But it was worth a shot, especially since she knew who I was and what I looked like, part of me was paranoid that Jenny may rat us out to her mate, since apparently no secrets were allowed. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One month later 

Ashley's POV

To say my plan was a success would be an understatement.

And I was thrilled, kicking my feet doing a happy little dance every time I saw that frustrated look on that mutt Damien's face.

Sure it had only been a handful of times, but 'Ghost' showing up multiple times in one month wasn't exactly common, meaning I was also getting all the packs riled up. 

Probably frustrated, I managed to slip out of their grip constantly.

Seriously you'd think they'd take a hint from my code name, it's a dead giveaway, heh....pun intended. 

Though I was maybe getting a little too confident with my antics, especially with this next stunt I was about to pull, but with such a perfect streak I was riding high on the success. 

"Ash, you know I love you....but this idea of yours is insane!" I heard Robin scream down my earpiece.

"Oh calm it birdy...I've got this, haven't I been on my best behaviour?'

"You literally told one of the rebellion leaders to go screw himself if he thought he could stop you with your plans....so no, bad ash, go sit in time out" 

"Hey I'm the older one here! You go sit in time out"

"You're not my mother" I heard him blow a raspberry into the microphone.

"Real mature birdy"

"I learned from the best"

"Haha....wipe that smile off your face or I'm not making those grilled barbecue chicken drumsticks I promised" 

"Noooooo!" Was all we heard in the background of Robin from a very sad sounding set of twins. 

I couldn't help but chuckle as I readjusted my black silk mask over my face and stared down from the roof I was sitting on. 

I had been watching the Gamma, Oliver I think his name was, I'd been watching him for a couple days, watching his routine and habits, I know Jenny had been with him, I'd seen them a couple times. 

If they were mates I'd have to be careful, if I killed him I could hurt Jenny, so I had a better idea. 

I watched him head inside what I could assume was some sort of office building, Robin had managed to figure out it was an intelligence headquarters.

They had disguised it as some regular office building, they did a pretty good job hiding it. 

Took us a while to pin it down, the combination of a mole on the inside and Robin's wicked tech skills, that, and I was sure it was some sort of magic, I now had it in my sights.