Chapter 28

A/N: There's been a misunderstanding. Nickolas didn't actually recognize Lexi as his mate, his wolf needs to be conscious for that. Nickolas saw a little girl and just called her his mate because he was drunk as hell.

When he woke up, he realized he hadn't been paired with his mate, and that little girl wasn't his mate. But it was his prayer to the Luna (on the exact day the Luna decided Nickolas's mate)m that sort of reveals how he was supposed to earn that little girl's forgiveness; the Luna made Lexi his mate. (He did NOT have another mate lined up, this was fate)

Nickolas

Three Years Ago

"That man. That drunk man, he's the reason I didn't trust you." Lexi cries weakly. "He's ruined me, and I hate him. I wish I could find him, to kill him with my own hands." Each word is a stab to my heart.

What can I say? She loves me, she just told me she loves me, can I really tell her the truth and ruin whatever she's feeling? No. It can't be today. It can't be the same day she confesses her love to me. It just can't.

It'll be another day.

22 Weeks Ago

She's home now. After several days of being held hostage by the Peisca Pack, she's now back home with me. I quickly make the bed as she takes a shower. I'm more than grateful nothing happened to her, and that the Luna kept her safe. I'm thrilled that nothing bad happened to either of the mates.

And I know this was a sign from the Luna, telling me that tonight is the night: I have to tell Lexi the truth, no matter how much it hurts. I have to confess my crime and beg her to give me a second chance. I just have to.

The bathroom doors opens, and Lexi steps out wearing white shorts and a white tank top, along with her favorite blue moon necklace. Mate!

"My third heat ended." She bites her lip.

Aaron

"Please try to forget about it!" I plead as my mate walks into her house and refuses to speak to me. Arrangements have been made to lock Nickolas in the basement tonight and that I live in Cristian's house that he shares with his sister.

"I'm sorry, it's hard to forget that my mate was still in love with a pregnant woman and the he even considered refusing me." She speaks bitterly.

"It was my own mistake. Nothing like that will ever happen again." I promise and grab both her arms so that she's facing me.

"Well you still have to deal with my jealous wolf." She whispers seductively.

"I think I know how." I inhale deeply.

"How?" My eyes dart to the bed and back to her eyes.