Chapter 13

Nickolas

"I'm sorry Nickolas, no packs in the country have seen her, or anyone that matches her description. Is it possible that she hasn't joined a pack?" The Alpha of the other pack reports to me.

"No, Lexi would never live among humans. She's either moving as a rogue or has found refuge in another pack." She can't be here then. Another week wasted on a dead end. It's been over a month now that we've searched for her.

Over six weeks now.

"We'll keep an eye out for her, but she's most likely in another country."

"I think so too, and I ask that you keep this search confidential."

"Of course, my pack is unaware of your situation and I plan to keep it that way. I do hope you find her soon."

"Thank you." I call down Aaron, and carry our suitcases back into the car. Yet another flight to get on.

I haven't slept through a single night in so long. I was beyond exhausted and weak. It's somewhat better, because Aaron has been hiding the capsules in my meals or drinks every chance he gets.

But it's not the same. My mind and body wants Lexi. I want her small, warm body pressed against my own as I sleep. I want her to wrap her arms around my torso to calm me down. I want her to eat dinner with me again and go out shopping so I can spoil her. I want her soothing scent to fill my life again.

I want to show her how much she means to me, and I want to love her in every way I can. I want to make sure she's happy, and loved, and pleased.

Even in the middle of the night, at the quietest moments, my wolf would make himself known. He would whine and howl for hours, calling out to his mate, begging her to find me.

Sometimes he would force his way out and I would set off in the night, searching anywhere for her. I would wake up the next day cold and naked, and Aaron would have to find me and help me back to the pack.

Lexi

I don't think I'm ever going to do any sort of training again. At least not without my wolf. I was only able to run a quarter mile before I was completely out of breath and exhausted.

I try lifting some weights, but it hurts too much to bend over and my arms wobble. The exercise machines take out the rest of my energy, and by the end of my workout, my abs ache. My human is really weak. And my wolf is still a bitch.

I quickly shower and change my clothes. I glance at myself in the locker room mirrors; my face is a hot red and my eyes have bags. I turn half way and frown at myself; I've definitely put on some weight. Ugh! Why does everything in Spain taste so good?

I decide to shrug it off, once my wolf gets over being a bitch, she'll put me back in shape. Besides, I've been training for a few hours, and I could really go for some late lunch.