Chapter 6

Lexi

I am not pregnant. The Luna wouldn't do this to me, especially after I got the chance to completely restart my life. 

Would she?

Cristian

Lexi and I spread out plastic sheets over the floor of her new bedroom. It's time to paint. Ashton helped earlier by bringing up her furniture pieces, but he and Katerina had pack duties and Elias went with them. 

He gave her the second best room in the entire house, with a raised platform for her bed a balcony over looking the fields and meadows of the pack. 

Lexi's birthday was in a week; she doesn't know, but the entire pack was awaiting the celebration where she would be re-introduced into the pack as Ashton's sister. 

"Here you go." Lexi hands me a paintbrush dipped in blue. What did I get myself into?

"Watch out for dripping paint and be careful around the ceiling." She instructs before she starts painting. 

"Whatever you say." I smile. Ashton was busy so I offered to help Lexi set up her room.

"Thanks for putting up with me." She grins. She strokes long blue lines against the white walls.

"What? I'm not putting up with you." Where did that come from?

"I get that I'm a lot younger than you and Ashton, and let's face it, I'm a kid at heart. And you're older than me, so it's sort of like babysitting, right? Looking over an energetic and crazy kid. Doesn't that get annoying?" 

No. It makes you beautiful and special from other girls.

"Not at all; I like that about you."

"Really? Thanks." Her face brightens. 

"Where did you get that idea."

She doesn't speak for a while.

"I always thought that I was annoying with my mate. He kept saying I wasn't, but I made his life hell." How can anyone ever see someone as sweet as Lexi and think she's annoying?

"Is that why you left?" That's his loss.

"No. He told me that he loved me no matter what. And then I found out he's been lying to me for over three years. I couldn't handle it." She shrugs, trying to shake it off. Her eyes reveal her true feelings.

She's trying to hide the fact that she's devastated.

My instincts tell me to drop my brush and hug her, but my mind tells me not to touch her. 

"Tell me more about yourself, do you have a mate." I stop painting for just a moment.

"No." 

"Oh, I hope you find her soon. Or him. You never know."