Chapter 2

Nickolas

“Welcome to Canada.” The workers at the airport greet us. 

“I’ll check the arrivals, you check the cameras.” Aaron walks off. 

I find a security guard and intimidate him into letting me into the security room. Again I spend the next few hours watching tapes repeatedly, looking for my mate. Aaron re-enters the room at one point, to tell me there was no record of her here. I refuse to leave until I’m certain she’s was never here. 

“Nickolas. We have to go. Our next flight is to Peru. But we have a stop in Cuba first. C’mon.” He pulls me out.

Lexi

“Um, have you by any chance…cleaned up, lately?” Justin asks me.

“Uh, not really.” I admit. I haven’t even showered since…that night.

“You might want to before we see my Alpha.”

“Whatever.”

“You want to do some sightseeing before we go? I mean, Spain is a wonderful country.”

“Yes! If you have time, I mean.”

“It’s fine, my pack’s not expecting me for a few hours. Besides, the territory is almost by Barcelona, in the Serra de Collserola hills. We’ll just make our way there.” 

We load our suitcases, enter the car and drive away.

I spend the entire day with Justin visiting historical landmarks, museums and soccer stadiums. We check out all sorts of tourist locations and I get to try tons of exotic food. I love the fact that I can communicate so well with the natives; I don’t feel at all like a tourist, or even look like one. 

Justin tells me a bit about his mate and a lot about his pack. It’s enormous and they enjoy the green hills that make up their territory.

The pack is set up sort of like mine; houses are clustered around where most people live and there’s an Alpha house a little way off. Humans pass by, mainly tourists, which can make it dangerous to shift. They had their own school and training center, but from what I could tell it wasn’t as large and spread out as my pack was.

“You seem unhappy about the size.” Justin states the obvious as we drive straight to the pack.

“A little. I was used to having thousands of acres and protection. Humans never come near us.”

“Sorry about that. You’ll get used to it. And we go to the beach a lot by Barcelona.” 

At least there was a beach. Even if there was no lake or river. I prefer the fresh water. Though the beach was fine. But I hate sand.

“I should warn you about one thing though; my Alpha can get very, very possessive. He has a mate and son, both of which he loves more than anything. Which is why you also need to get on their good side.” I nod.