Chapter 7

Lexi

"We only have a few hours and an entire mall to get through!" Katerina sings as we enter the glass doors.

"And a majority of the things we're buying are going to Lexi, right?" Ashton raises an eyebrow at his mate.

"Yes. She needs the clothes more than I do." She speaks dramatically. I can't help but laugh at her shopping energy.

Shopping with Nickolas was so much fun, and not just because he bought everything I wanted. For my 18th birthday, he really wanted to buy me some lingerie from Victoria's Secret, but I refused to model some for him.

He decided we weren't buying anything unless we both approved, so he decided to go ahead and try them on. Yes, my 24 year old Alpha mate actually tried on lingerie in front of me in a public store just to make me comfortable.

In the end, for the ones we agreed on, I picked out an identical set that Nickolas hadn't touched that was in my size. However, since Nickolas had made a fool of himself to get me to laugh, I decided to try on a light blue night dress.

The dress came down to my thighs, but from the breasts down was only sheer cloth. Matching booty shorts kept me covered. Nickolas had pulled me close and looked at me with such adoration, I couldn't help but blush. 'You are gorgeous. And I want you to know that I'll take this off you. Some day. When you're ready.' He smiled at me.

"Lexi!" Katerina snaps me back into reality.

"What?"

"Well c'mon! Pick a store!" I enter the closest store and watch Katerina start pulling clothes off the racks. This is going to be a very long day.

"Finish unloading the car!" Katerina and I shout back to Ashton. After the longest shopping spree of my life, I help Katerina carry in our bags. She did her best to find clothes that I would like, but a couple things we bought I knew she would be borrowing frequently.

I kept telling Ashton not to spend so much on me, but he kept reminding me that he didn't buy anything for me for 18 years.

It felt different accepting all this from my brother and his mate, than from Nickolas. The shopping was fun, but there was no humor or easy flow. And I felt like the third wheel, especially when they had lovey-dovey moments every few minutes.

I wonder if that's how Nickolas and I were.

He would often kiss me just to warn off other males, both in our pack and in the human world.

Then he'd apologize, saying his wolf was driving him to do it. Then he'd give me a gentle kiss and tell me how much he loved me.

Damn it! Lexi! Stop thinking about him!

Beginning around the time I was 17 I would possessively kiss Nickolas if I noticed a female checking him out. Then I'd apologize for my wolf, tell him he was my everything, and order him to wipe that smirk off his face.