Chapter 22: A Way Around

Brandy panicked as she ran over to the main lobby, looking exhausted as she approached the desk with the name "Rebecca Oswald" on a small gold plaque bolted to the wall. She huffed as Brandy walked over to the receptionist desk and sat down to catch her breath.
She found that this was where they kept maps and guides so tourists wouldn't get lost while in the attraction. Brandy picked up on and began to look through it.
Just then she dropped her map when she heard the phone ringing on the desk top. She picked up, dreading who it could possibly be. "Brandy? Brandy is that you?!" It was Amber, Brandy sighed with relief.
"Yeah it's me, Amber." She replied, "thankfully they haven't cut off the phone line yet, look which part of the factory are you at?" Amber asked, "I'm in the lobby at the reception desk, I found a map I can use to find a shortcut to the cafeteria kitchen." Brandy said looking back at the map. "That's actually perfect, that if Robert is still there." Amber said sounding doubtful.
"I'll find him but I have to find a way around that guy before I can do anything else." Brandy said and paused when she heard a squeaky sound. Amber did too, "what was that?" She asked and Brandy looked around as the squeaking continued, she finally faced the floor and saw a little black wind up mouse on the floor, almost looking right at her. "Uhhh, does this place have a mouse infestation?" She asked, half attempting a joke but as well as being concerned.
"No, describe it." Amber said.
"Black with beady red eyes and a wind up key?" Brandy replied.
"Oh no...get out of where you are now! That's a minion of Jason's and she'll tell him exactly where you're at. Go!" Amber yelled and hung up, brandy quickly stood up and made a run for it just as the mouse went the opposite direction. She sprinted as fast she could down the hall and something grabbed her arm quickly, "hey what the-!" She cried out, "shhh!! Do you want him to find us?!" A familiar voice whispered harshly.
Brandy turned to see who her mysterious ally was and was shocked. "Robert!"