Chapter 14: A New Friendship

Amber clocked out after her shift along with Robert and the two went to the front lot. "Hey listen, did you want to go for breakfast with me? Foods on me." Amber offered and Robert turned to face her, was that a smile she saw on his face?
"Yeah...sure." He shrugged, "there's a diner downtown so we can get some food there." Amber replied and Robert nodded. Both got in their cars and he followed Amber to the diner where they walked in together and sat at a booth this time not near a window.
The waitress walked up to them and smiled, "good morning, you two." She said and handed them each a menu. Robert and Amber looked through the available foods and both picked out waffles and sausage, Robert was actually nice enough to pay for their breakfast instead of Amber.
"So got any ideas on how we can take down this guy?" Amber asked and Robert shrugged as he put down his phone. "I don't know, what's a toymaker's weakness anyways?" He replied, "you here that music box of his?"
"That explains something but where does it come from?" Amber was now curious, "inside of him." Robert said and immediately Amber's face fell. "Oh well...didn't see that coming." She muttered, "it's like his life source at least...that's what he told me before. I have a friend who lives in the next town who keeps my father's things boxed in a storage unit. My dad was a cop and he has some equipment we could possibly use to take down this guy." Robert said and Amber looked hopeful, "so when are you able to contact this guy?"
"Well he's visiting his relatives in another state so he won't be back until next week so for now we'll have to stick together to make sure nothing happens." He said and the waitress walked over to bring them their food. Robert paid and they began to enjoy their food. "So friends?" He asked and Amber nodded as they both shook hands.