16 + 17 ✧ Deal with the Devil

Decided to make an extra long chapter, aka, 2 chapters in one because if I did one chapter it would have been only like 200 words.
________________

"Boo."

"Ack!" I jump up in my seat, throwing my notepad across the room, "What are you doing back so soon?" I turn in my chair, smiling nervously.

'I really hope he did not see that notepad.'

"I found out who those people are! I do believe it's quite important."

"Really? Who?" I ask, fully interested in the conversation now.

"A few of my fellow...overlords. They're not the brightest light in the shed." The demon explains, chuckling and looking to the side.

"So, what you're saying is, I'm going to die by your enemies soon?" I rephrase the wording, "Thats just great! Amazing really! When'll it be? Tonight after you disappear?" I tug at my hair, frustration and fear seeping into my mind.

"We'll, that's one way to see it! Though, I can stop that from happening. ℑ𝔣 𝔶𝔬𝔲𝔯 𝔴𝔦𝔩𝔩𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔱𝔬 𝔪𝔞𝔨𝔢 𝔞 𝔡𝔢𝔞𝔩,𝔱𝔥𝔞𝔱 𝔦𝔰." The background static I've grown used to grows in that last sentence.

"Ummm, what kind of deal?" I'm not stupid, I know not to make a deal but, if it'll keep me alive. Anything's better.

"Well, I'm glad you asked! You aren't as dumb as the others! Haha! I give you protection, in exchange of...hm. What about? A favor. A simple favor of my choice." He tilts his head.

"Can that favor exclude anything of harming myself or anyone. And giving away my soul?" I question. My face resting on my fist.

"I can make that work. What do you say, doll?" He leans down and as he holds out his hand, a green-ish hue of light blazed from him.

"I-I don't know about this." I hesitate.

"You want protection don't you? Like we talked about. Protection for a favor, no souls or harm can be included." His squints his eyes, his smile growing wider.

"Fine." I quickly shake his hand and the green light disappears.

"Wonderful darling!" A beautiful silver ring, centered with a single large ruby appears in his hand, "Proof, of the deal, dear. If you're ever in a predicament, just call my name and I'll be there."

"Do you usually give rings out?" I muse, slipping it onto my right middle finger.

"Hm, nope!" He laughs heartily.

"Wait, what?" My cheeks grow a little hot, but before I can question further he changes the subject.

"Well-"

*Riiing, riiing, riiing*

My phone rings. 'Who could be calling me right now?'

Picking up my phone I hit answer, "Hello? ...Oh hey mom, what's up? ...Oh, okay. Yep, see you in a couple days. ... Yeah, yep, got it. I know, love you. Bye." I hang up and toss the phone onto my neatly made covers, "Of course they're gonna be gone longer then they say, always are. Sorry. That was my mom."

"Quite alright darling! What did she need? If you don't mind telling me!"

"They're just gonna be gone for a few more days then they were originally. Nothing new." I explain, "It's getting late, don't you have somewhere to be?" I question, digging through my closet for pajamas.

"Not at all! The hotel doesn't need me tonight! I was thinking of accompanying you tonight, we both had quite the day today! Hahaha!"

'I can't believe I actually feel comfortable with a demon. But we did make that deal, so I doubt he'd hurt me. That'd break it.'

|| Ouija Board || Alastor x Female! Readerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें