4 ✧ A Friendly Chat With A Demon

'What's that noise?' I turn in bed, trying to ignore the constant shuffling sound in my room. 'Wait a minute. Why is there shuffling in my room? I don't have any pets and my parents are asleep.' Coming to the realization I start freaking out. Without showing it of course. 'Someone's in my room. Somebody is in my room. Someone broke into my room. What do I do!?' Now really was not the time to start freaking out. 'Stay calm. Maybe, just maybe, if I act like I'm still asleep they'll leave. Right?' I wait a couple more minutes and it went silent. I didn't hear anything. No door opening. No window opening. Nothing. Peeking an eye open the first thing I see are big, red eyes. Eyes. I leap up from my bed, readying my lungs to scream a pale-grey hand with claws, may I add, covers my mouth.

"No need to scream, my dear! I was just arriving here to collect my coat, if you don't mind! My apologies for breaking in and waking you up!" The...person? I have no clue anymore, says.

The intruder, taking a look, had short red hair. With little tufts on the top. He had black on top of those tufts and at the ends. They looked like ears the longer you look at them. He had grey skin with a smile, way too big to be normal and red eyes, both the irises and sclera. He had a monocle covering one of his eyes. He seemed to be around seven feet tall. He could be a basketball player. Looking at his clothes he was wearing a red suit, the suit being of the...coat I was given and red pants, black dress-looking shoes and a bow tie, of which was also red. His whole outfit and self consisted of red, black or grey. He had a red staff with a matching red microphone in one hand. 'Dang, this guy really likes red. Wait. Why am I thinking this? There's a random person in my room, covering my mouth with his hand. I should be freaking out.' I also took notice of his voice. It was like an older radio host, well it had the radio or staticky sound.

"Now. I'm going to remove my hand and we can formally introduce ourselves. In person this time!" They slowly remove their hand and I stay silent.

"Alrighty then! Hello, darling! My name is Alastor! We met in the forest earlier and I gave you my coat to keep you warm! You, from what I heard, are Y/N. Correct?"

Alastor. That was the demons name. The one who's coat I got, the one that chased me down because I took that coat off. 'There is a demon in my room. This can't be real. Please tell me this isn't real!' I nod my head, almost robotically.

"Great to hear. This is quite a lovely abode you have here! Far different from the nineteen hundreds, might I add!" Alastor compliments.

"I- um, thank you?" I whisper.

"Of course darling! Of course!" His smile never leaving, "So! Why don't you tell me about yourself! I would love to know the young lady who used the Ouija Board, and of who I let use my coat! I would also like to thank you! Such a great job at taking care of it!"

"It's nothing really..." I stiffen more than I already am as he laughs.

"No need to be so stiff my dear! Now, how about we make a deal? Hm?" He holds his hand out, his smile seeming to turn from creepy to mischievous.

Rule one when talking to a demon. Never. And I mean never, make a deal with them. "No, no thanks. I appreciate the offer though." I politely decline.

His smile falters and I try to back up, by now I was pressed against the wall. As soon as it faltered it was back to normal. "If you say so! Now, how about I tell you about myself and you tell me about yourself? That seems fair doesn't it?" He compromises.

"..." I hesitate, 'Should I?' F*ck it.' "Fine."

"Great! Now, as you know, my name is Alastor. I am from hell and go by the title of the Radio Demon! I died in nineteen thirty-three and am an overlord in hell, meaning I have land and am feared by many!" Alastor explains, "Currently I am working at a place ran by the daughter of Lucifer, the princess of hell, called the Hazbin Hotel! It works to rehabilitate the sinners down there! Of course it hasn't been getting any business. I am just there to see people try and fall into the pits of failure." His smile grows as he clenches his fist together, "And that's about all! What about you?"

"Um. I'm Y/N L/N. I'm in high school. One of my favorite hobbies are F/H." I start, relaxing just a tiny bit, placing my hands on my legs, which were previously crossed against my chest. "Uh, I live with my parents and I'm an only child." I also didn't want to say anything that could give any more important information like what school I go to or my age. He already knew my address.

"F/H, what a great thing to do in your free time! Now, I must be heading off! I'll make sure to visit again sometime! I quite liked this chat of ours! Maybe you can show me F/H sometime!" He takes my hand from where I had it wrapped around my legs before kissing it.

Not even moments later he disappears. He seems too much of a gentleman to be in hell. Then also he could've been a mass murderer in his past life. Before he was in hell.

Oh I really hope he doesn't come back anytime soon. Sighing I look at the clock. It was already two am? We were talking for a couple hours? Thank god it's the weekend.