3: Hedge is a Furry??

Start from the beginning

The coach made an angry sound like an animal bleating. "That's it, cupcake. You're going down."

"You think you can protect four half-bloods at once, old man?" Dylan laughed. "Good luck."

Dylan pointed at Leo and Camilla. Two funnel clouds materialized around them, It felt like being inside a washing machine— (Don't ask why Camilla knows what that's like). Before she knew what was going on, they flew off the skywalk like they had been tossed.

For some stupid reason, Camilla loved it. She loved the absolute nonsensical nature of the moment. Here they were at the fucking Grand Canyon— Dylan had magic for some reason and made them fly off the ramp???

For a wonderful moment, it felt like flying. Then they started to fall.

Leo was screaming the whole time. But for the first time in his life, Camilla felt... to say calm would be wrong.

Right.

That's all her brain thought.

Right. Right. Right.

Finally, something weird enough she could keep up with. A week in juvie was nothing compared to this.

Somehow she managed to merge into Leo's mini tornado so they were at least together. She slammed into the boy so hard they twisted in midair, and went sprawling sideways into the canyon wall. They skidded, clawing furiously for any handhold. Finally Leo grabbed a thin ledge about fifty feet below the skywalk, Camilla was barely holding onto him as gravity pulled her down.

A little crazed, she let out a half mad laugh.

Leo gaped at her like she had lost her mind. Maybe she had.

"Help!" Leo yelled up at Jason and Coach Hedge. "Rope, please? Bungee cord? Something?"

Since the whole thing was made of glass, they had a perfect view of what was going on the skywalk.

Coach Hedge tossed Jason his club. They were probably having a heart to heart or something equally stupid and not important at all, but Camilla couldn't hear them over the winds.

She tried to climb up, using Leo's body like the gym class rope that Coach Hedge always made them climb to the top. Of course, Leo protested every time Camilla tried to hoist herself up to a ledge.

He was just worried she might pull down his pants with how hard she was holding on. And no one wanted that to happen.

Camilla ignored his complaints and tried to reach for the ledge next to Leo.

"Don't touch my ass, Cam!"

"I'm not touching your ass!"

"You are!"

"I have no interest in your ass!"

"Yeah, sure, you want to hit this so bad!" Leo snorted.

"Keep living in delusion, Valdez, Piper's much hotter" Finally, Camilla, grabbed a hold of Leo's shoulder and reached for the ledge. It was very dangerous and something her dad would have a heart attack listening to. But her dad wasn't here. He was in jail. So Camilla hung next to Leo, trying not to plummet down into the Grand Canyon and meet her dead Grandpa.

Leo and Camilla watched Hedge leap over the railing. He sailed toward the canyon wall and hit hooves first. Wait what? Hooves??? Camilla almost had a coronary. The coach didn't have any feet. He had hooves—goat's hooves. Which meant those things on his head, Cam realized, weren't bumps. They were horns.

He bounded down the cliff with impossible agility, finding footholds no bigger than postage stamps, dodging whirlwinds that tried to attack him as he picked his way toward Camilla and Leo.