Chapter 8

Crosshair grunted as something hard slammed into his shoulder, he groaned feeling a trickle of blood run down his arm. Someone grabbed him from behind as Fox took charge, “Drop the weapon now! On orders of the…” Carly glared, putting the gun to her forehead and pulling the trigger before any of them could say anything. 

On instinct Crosshair turned to grab Hera, Cal and Timmy. The three dived for his chest and he pulled them close ignoring his bleeding shoulder, Buck gasped watching the one he had been played for as his wife killed herself right on the spot. Wrecker frowned looking down at the whimpering three kids in Crosshairs arms, the younger man held them tightly as they whimpered into his arms. 

“Shh, I’ve got you. You're safe with me. I promise” Crosshair whispered as the three of them clung tightly to him. 

“Buck?” 

“Callum, I swear I didn’t know…” 

“I know but you know what to do” Callum said, lifting Timmy into his arms and climbing to his feet with Hera and Cal hugging his hips. 

“I know, keep them safe for me” 

“Always” Crosshair answered, hugging Buck close, the man nodded, climbing in the mustang and driving off into the distance. Crosshair groaned suddenly, feeling blood trickle down his injured arm. Fox turned to his brother only to sigh, he gestured for him to sit down so he could wrap the injury. Crosshair ignored his brother as he removed his jacket to assess it himself when a pair of hands steadied him. Looking back to glare at the person, he found himself face to face with a glaring Hunter, with a sigh Crosshair allowed Fox to deal with the injury. It only took a few minutes but it felt like a lifetime to the younger man. 

“Callum, you have some explaining to do once I clear this up” Fox said in a stern tone, Crosshair only nodded slumping back into the suv.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to ruin your holiday or bring you into any of this. In a way to save your holiday, I will pay for you to spend some of your holiday on the disney cruise ships” Crosshair exclaimed, turning to face the batch who looked at him in confusion. 

“You can do that?” Omega asked from her seat in the suv, Echo had just strapped her in. The excitement in her eyes was something rare especially in this particular moment. “I can afford it, its the least I can do for you all. I shouldn’t have offered for you to come up here but the earthquake spooked me in a sense” Crosshair explained, placing a hand on his hip to exaggerate his point. 

“Hunter, what do you think?” Wrecker asked, turning to his brother who only sighed. Crosshair frowned down at Timmy who tried to reach for his ‘mother’ when it wasn’t really. Timmy didn’t understand Crosshairs biology. “Mama” Timmy cried out, “She’s gone baby, she’s in hel…” “Ahem” Fives cleared his throat, reminding Crosshair his son was a toddler, “She’s in heaven with Vanessa and Uncle Rogers” Crosshair whispered. “Sister?” “Yeah, she’s with Vanessa,” Crosshair said in a sad tone as his eyes looked up at the sky. 

It was clear to the batch that their missing member had gone through a lot of trauma and sadness to get where he was. Timmy only whined as Crosshair bounced him, to be fair to the rest of them Crosshair looked exhausted. 

"Okay, we will take you up on that offer but first. We need to get some sleep, know a place we can crash since you kind of kicked us out of the house" Hunter said, Crosshair only smiled gesturing for them to get into the SUV. Crosshair made sure Fox knew what not to do and passed his phone number over to him for contact, Fox swore not to tell their father until Crosshair was ready.

The next day…

Hunter couldn't believe it, Crosshair had left them a villa with catering and everything for them all. It was all free and the younger man told them to ring him for anything since he did ruin their holiday a bit. The villa was up in the jungle and it took a suv or quad bikes to get to. Crosshair had given Fives and Wrecker keys to his quad bikes which meant Cal was hanging out with them.