Chapter 36 "Wise Men Say..."

(AJ's POV)

I led Kristina into my bedroom and onto my bed to let her sleep there. She still look tired. Greg gave me a bag full of stuff. I looked at him confused as to what are these stuff for.

He scratched his head and said, "I bought her some clothes and some food. When she got to my apartment, she doesn't have anything with her except her bag and the clothes she's on. I also put in her medicine. It's there somewhere..."

I scrunched up my eyebrows in confusion, "Medicine?""

"Yeah... Just in case she feels pain again in her body..."

I looked down at the bag again and patted it, "Thank you, Greg. I'll take it from here now."

"I know you would..." He smiled and nodded at me. "I better get going now."

He waved his hand and led himself out of my apartment. I felt relieved and happy at the same time, knowing that Kristina was in good hands after all. Thank God.

Hmm... maybe I'll unpack these stuff tomorrow. For now, I must get some sleep. I quietly went to my bedroom and immediately saw Kristina sound asleep. I guess I'm sleeping in the couch then. I got another extra pillow and a bed sheet in my drawer then I went to my couch on the living area.

The magical thing about this piece of art is that it transforms into a bed. Literally. I unfolded the sitting part extending it to make a lovely sleeping contraption. A bed-couch to be exact. I fixed it to make it look comfy, then I laid on it as I wrapped myself with my bedding.

But then, I suddenly have a problem. I couldn't sleep anymore.

I sat upright and reached out for a book that was lying around my coffee table. I started to read it but I couldn't concentrate. I sighed and closed the book and put it back where I found it. I lie down again and search for my phone that was scattered somewhere on this bed. Once I grabbed it, I browse through the social media, some funny videos and googled a word that has long been on my mind.

"Hmm... So that's what it means." I said to myself. I released a sigh as I put down my phone to the side of my pillow. I was just staring at the ceiling when suddenly I heard Kristina rose up from the bed. Sh*t! I pretended to sleep. I can hear her footsteps walking towards the living area. I tried my best to pretend but my breathing is a little bit fast so I slowed it down breathing deep.

Suddenly, I felt her lie next to me. Her head wanting to bury on my arms as she wraps her body with the comforter, our toes touching and her body is pressed against mine. She was beginning to warm up as she put her arms around me. I opened my eyes and looked at her. To my surprise she was looking back at me as well. She just smiled warmly and closed her eyes as I give her a kiss on the forehead. Right then and there, we fell asleep. I would dream of this moment ever so often that I thought I was in one again and she was not really here. So when I woke up the next morning and saw her sleeping beside me, that's when I realized it was real.

I looked at my clock and saw it was passed lunch hour. Oh dear God. I slowly got up and unpacked Kristina's things. I placed all her clothes inside an empty drawer, Greg bought a lot of canned soup for her so I placed it inside my kitchen cabinet, and hanged her bag on a hook at the back of my bedroom door.

I cooked lunch for us because I know she would be taking her meds. After I finished cooking and set up the table for two, I tapped Kristina to wake her up.

"Hey there, sunshine. It's time to wake up."

She opened her eyes and smiled at me.

"Do you want to eat here on the bed or do you want me to help you up?" I asked in consideration.