Chapter 23 "MISTAKEN IDENTITY"

"Jessie, please, change your shirt. You're not going to the club." I said while I brush my hair in front of the mirror.

This is the day that my family is going to meet Jessie. I'm freaking out! What if they don't like her... what if they disown me? 

"Babe, how about this shirt?" asked Jessie raising a checkered polo.

"I guess that will do."

Suddenly, someone knocked at the door.

"Finally" said Jessie in relief.

"Are we expecting someone?" I asked.

Jessie opened the door and to my surprise it's AJ. What is she doing here?

"Oh thank God you're here. I need you to come with us to meet Kristina's family for Thanksgiving."

AJ and I both looked at Jessie with a confused face.

"What? No, Jessie. This is between you and her? Why are you dragging me into it?" asked AJ.

Jessie kneeled and said, "Please, buddy! I'm freaking out! I need you there for protection just in case her brothers kill me. Please. Please. Please. I need my wingman." Said Jessie mercifully.

"I have had enough of your stupid favors. This has got to stop!" scolded AJ.

Later on, Jessie finally convinced AJ to come along. It's fine, I guess. At least, Jessie and I would have some sort of a body guard. The more the merrier.

We got to my mama's house and I can already hear my brothers yelling. It seems they are playing cards again. This actually occurs in the home of the Rodriguez's. Shouting and fighting like someone is being murdered inside.

As I knocked on the door I can feel that my whole body is trembling. Just relax Kristina... you can do this. Whew...

I knocked again but nobody's opening up the door. I reached for the door knob and opened the door for myself as I saw my brothers yelling over a game on the television.

They looked over at the door and saw me. Their faces lit up and immediately jumped off of their seat.

"Nuestra hermana bebé está en casa!!" shouted my brothers coming over to me and giving me a hug.

"We missed you, Isabella." Said Pablo cupping my face. "Come. Come in..."

I signaled Jessie and AJ to come in with me. I asked them to sit on the couch and watch the game with my brothers as I looked around to find my mama.

"Where's mama?" I asked.

"In the kitchen. She's making a big meal for you and your white visitors." Answered Felipe eyeing AJ and Jessie. Oh boy...

I went to the kitchen to find my mama putting the turkey in the oven.

"Mamá, estoy en casa." I said as I hurriedly went to my mama to give her a hug.

She looked up and hugged me as well with a smile on her face.

"Te extrañé tu, mi hija..." said mama teary eyed. "Have you been well?" she added while stroking my hair.

"Si, Mama..."

I've missed this... coming home to my family and seeing their faces once again bring me joy that I could not compare with anything else.

Suddenly, I heard Felipe yelling at someone. Oh God! Jessie...

I quickly ran up into the living room to find Felipe man handling AJ's shirt and giving her a very intimidating look.