Chapter 10 "CONFUSION"

"Wouldn't you believe it? She just stood me off!" said Ginny who was still upset about her almost date.

Ginny started crying and hugged Madison. "I thought she was the one! I hate this!" added Ginny.

I rubbed Ginny's back and said, "It's okay, Ginny. You'll find another cute girl that you'll fall inlove with. If you want, we could go out and have lunch this weekend. What do you say?"

Ginny looked at me in disbelief, "But you're straight! I don't date straight girls... too much drama." Then she started pouring her eyes out again.

I never thought that Ginny could be attached to someone and thought they were the one. But how can you tell that the person is "the one" if you just met him or her?

I was inlove once and I thought he's "the one"... turns out to be a psychotic maniac. I was foolish and blinded by love back then. Never again... never again.

"Geneva Phillips! Get yourself together! Go at the back, you'll scare my customers away!" said Carol who just came out of her office.

"No, I'm gonna be alright, Carol" answered Ginny while wiping off her tears.

Carol sighed then she tried to smile and said, "Shit happens, sweetie. Get over it!"

Wow! Carol is really loud but I know it's coming from good place.

Meanwhile, our regular customers came in and of course, Carol's blue eyed niece... AJ.

AJ sat on her table that Carol reserved for her and immediately opened her laptop. I guess she's still busy. Then suddenly I had an idea. I went to the kitchen and asked Hannah if I could cook our special for today. She obliged and offered to help me prepare the ingredients. We caught Carol's attention and she viewed what we were doing.

"Rodriguez, what are you doing?" asked Carol who was very curious.

I smiled widely at Carol like a little girl who has a surprise for her mom.

Carol came closer, "You're preparing what exactly?"

I looked backed at Carol and said, "You'll see."

"Ahh... okay... While you're at it... kindly prepare my niece's meal." Then she left and went to AJ's table.

Oh I will prepare something alright. Something different.

While Hannah and I are cooking, Carol kept on snooping around us. She's like a failed secret agent.

"Must be a special day huh?" asked Hannah.

I smiled as I chopped the green onions.

"What are we preparing anyway?"

"Oh, it's called Chicken Enchiladas. This was my Papa's favorite meal. My Mama would prepare this for him whenever he's home. I would go to our kitchen and watch my Mama make it. You could see it in her eyes that she's making it for Papa with love. That's the secret ingredient."

"So you're making this for whom?"

"What?" I was stunned by Hannah's question. I just stared at her.

She was just was waiting for me to answer and then I turned my head to what I'm doing. Why am I doing this?

"W-well... it's our special for today and I wanted to share this recipe to you. So t-that our customers would enjoy it as my Papa did."

Hannah laughed. "Good save. I know why you're really doing this. But whatever."

"Huh? C'mon, focus on cooking that chicken right."