Chapter 9 "THE 22ND STREET"

Saturday is an awesome day. I just got off the phone with Alastair and it seems everything is in order. The auditions are ongoing and I hope we find the perfect cast 'cause I don't want to disappoint Mr. Webber. I have been working non-stop these past few days and I can't believe the work we have done so far. I must say that I am very proud of myself. Maybe I should reward myself with a nice plonk and a new batch of cigarettes.

I got up my bed and took a shower. This is very refreshing. I picked up a white ¾ sleeves shirt with thin blue stripes on top, my dark gray jacket, my new black jeans that I just bought yesterday and my sneakers. I brushed my hair neatly and checked myself out on the mirror. I finished good and I'm happy about it. As I head out I grabbed my aviator sun glasses beside my telly, my wallet and the keys to my apartment. I'm all set.

It's such a beautiful day to reward myself. I went to the train station to reach the 22nd Street where I could buy the best wine ever and to get myself a new pack of cigarettes. As I sat in the train, I noticed a lot of lovers siting side by side and making baby faces as if it really looks cute. I do get annoyed pretty fast with these kinds of things. Lovers... eeek!

I got off the train and went ahead to this wonderful street where I could celebrate and enjoy my day. I was walking along the street when I noticed someone who is very familiar to me. I stopped and narrowed my vision to confirm who this person was. Well, I never... It's Kristina who was having a conversation with a dashing young man. I looked away 'cause I think she saw me. I looked at her again and saw her waving goodbye to that unknown person. Oh God, I think she's heading this way. I stood there frozen as she approaches me not looking at her direction.

"Hi."

I looked to my right and gazed upon at this beautiful girl who was smiling at me.

"Hello. Amm... who were you talking to?" I asked casually.

"Oh. He was lost and he was asking for directions. I think he's a tourist."

"It was nice of you to help out a handsome looking fellow. Sometimes I forget that you're straight."

She immediately frowned then I started to walk away.

"Wait!" Kristina shouted.

I heard her but I still kept on walking. She ran to catch up with me and then grabbed my right arm.

"AJ, wait! What do you mean by that?" she said while panting.

"Nothing. Now, let go of my arm." I immediately answered.

She pulled my arm and said, "Espera, por favor!"

My eyebrows met and I said, "What?"

"I said wait. Where are you going anyway?"

"Can you just let go of my arm? And it's none of your business where I'm going. Why don't you just go with that tourist and have some lunch together?" I said sarcastically.

"What? I was just talking to him. Was that wrong?" Kristina answered who was still holding my arm.

"No, of course not."

"Then why are you so worked up about it? Are you jealous?"

I held my breath when she said those words. I didn't know what to say. I just stared at her with a dumbfounded look on my face. I can tell she was shocked by the words that came out of her mouth. She looked away in embarrassment.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to say those words. I'll go now."

She finally let's go of my arm and walked away. I scratched my head because of my stupidity and I slapped myself because I treated her badly.