Chapter 8 "THE SONG"

This is the day that I am planning to take Kristina out on a date. I want this day to be perfect. Yesterday, when I left Kristina's apartment I immediately called my buddy AJ to tell her everything that happened, and what Kristina told me and she was not really excited for me. Maybe it's because I woke her up from her deep slumber. Well anyway, I know she only said "maybe" but for me it's already a "yes".

*KNOCK KNOCK*

"AJ, buddy, open up!"

AJ opened the door with a bored look on her face.

"Good morning, buddy! It's a nice day isn't it?" I asked happily.

"Jess, what are you doing here? I'm quite busy." Said AJ who looks really irritated to see me.

I went inside and sat on AJ's couch. It seems that she really is busy. There are papers everywhere, opened folders with pictures on it, sketches, her calendar is full of circles and markings, she did not washed her dishes, her bed is not made and her multiple laptops are open as well.

AJ closed the door and turned around to look at me. I smiled widely and leaned on the backrest of her couch with both my arms resting on it.

"Okay, Jess. I know that smile and I don't like it. What do you want?"

I leaned forward and placed my elbows on my knees while my hands are on top of each other. "Remember the song you played when you asked Sam on a date?"

Immediately, AJ's face became pissed and went to her small dining table where her laptop is. She sat down and started working again.

I stood up and went to her dining table. I pulled out another chair and sat beside her.

"C'mon, buddy. I'm not here to remind you about Sam, which I know by saying her name I am reminding you of her, but this is not about Sam, this is about Kristina."

AJ paused and slowly turned her head to look at me.

"Kristina?" she asked.

"Well... yeah."

She shook her head, turned to her laptop and started typing again.

"Buddy, I need you to play that song for me so that I could memorize it."

AJ frowned and said, "And who's going to play the guitar? ME??"

"Amm... I don't know how to play the guitar."

"Forget it! Absolutely not!" AJ resisted. "What is it about that girl that you're crazy about? You like French girls?" she continued.

"Dude, she's not French! She's a Latina! Isn't it obvious? I thought you were educated enough to know things like that?" I explained.

"Whatever, Jess. I don' want to be a part of this. As you can see, I am very busy and I need to finish this by tonight."

AJ stood up and opened her door signaling me to get out.

"AJ, I need you, buddy. Please?" I pleaded.

"Jess, let's not do this, okay? I am very—"

"—Busy. I know!" I said. I stood up and walked towards AJ. "Dude, you're my best friend and I could only count on you to do this for me. You just have to play the guitar and I will do my best to sing it for her. Let that song be alive again, let me offer it to someone who is very special to me and I know who will treasure it like Sam did. Please, buddy. I really like this girl."

AJ sighed and gave me a bit of her smile.

"Fine. But you owe me one." Said AJ.

"No worries, dude! Anything you need."