Chapter 18 "Sí"

(AJ's POV)

This is it! The day for the call backs. Finally we will get to decide who will play the Phantom. There are a lot of potential male leads that will be coming in for today and we have to get ready. Mr. Andrew Lloyd Webber, the creator of the Broadway Musical Phantom of the Phantom of the Opera said he had some favorites to play the leading role. But for me, I would rather pick Ramin Karimloo to play the lead. He is the perfect actor to play the Phantom, I mean his vocal techniques are out of this world, I see him to be the passionate one for the love of Christine. Very exquisite indeed!

The story of the Phantom of the Opera is about a mask menace who fell inlove with a young prima donna named Christine Daae. When she was a child the Phantom would usually come to her sleep and sing her beautiful enchanted songs, the little girl would think it was a dream. Her father died at an early age and left her orphaned for the rest of her life. Until she grew up into a beautiful young lady, the only father figure whom she could count on is the mysterious voice hiding inside the Opera Populaire's walls. Later on, Christine was cast as the leading role and finally they met face to face after the performance. For a curious girl that Christine is, she unmasked the Phantom exposing his monstrous face. She got scared but felt sorry for her beloved master. However, Christine had a childhood suitor who thinks that she is in danger. Already the Phantom killed a stage hand man, he hanged him using a Punjab lasso which they should be avoiding by raising your right hand at the level of your eye to escape a choking death. Christine fell inlove with Raoul Vicomte de Chagny her childhood sweetheart and confessed their love at the rooftop of the Opera house. The phantom saw and got heart broken, so he devised a plan to take Christine away from everybody including Raoul. He wanted her for himself. But in the end, his beloved Christine still chooses Raoul, she chose beauty rather than genius and art but the twist is the Phantom wanted her to choose that so he could save her. Save her from this darkness he's living in. And that's about it.

I feel honored to be part of this production, because the Phantom of the Opera is one of the most entrancing love story of all time. It's a twisted love triangle between beauty, honor and love which I think is a wonderful combination. There are a lot of versions of this story but I like Mr. Webber's version most.

Christine... Christine... Kristina...

Derived from Christine's name.... Kristina.

I totally forgot about that. I know she's still mad at me. I tried calling her... but... she won't pick up. I will be seeing her today for sure and I will apologize for my behavior. I said some things that are so inappropriate. Stupid me! It was supposed to come out in a good way, however, it didn't. I was just so worried and angry with what I saw from her arm. Her bruised is shaped like a big hand with a mighty grip. I kept pondering who would hurt her, so I waited till closing time to talk to her. Oh bloody hell! I screwed up! Damn it!

I gave Alastair a ring to confirm the time of the call backs.

"I'll be having my breakfast at aunt's café. I'll see you later. You and Greg shouldn't be late. Okay? My schedule is packed for today." I said.

"Don't worry. We're on our way. We just needed to pick up a few things. We'll start at 10 o'clock."

"Alright then. Toodles!"

I hung up my phone and got dressed. I wore my long sleeves white polo topped with my favorite leather jacket and for the bottom part is my light brown pants and my black leather skinned boat shoes to give it an edgy formal look. I picked up my simple watch and my glasses. Yes, my eyes are not that good anymore due to late working hours and typing 24/7 on my laptop.

I grabbed my bag and keys then looked at myself on the mirror for the last time and headed out of my apartment.

By the way, Alastair surprised me with a brand new car yesterday. He said he bought one for himself too. I didn't want a car but he insisted that I should take it or else. Well, at least I won't be waving my hand anymore to call the attention of a cab driver. It's hard to catch a cab here in New York not unless you're a sexy young lady. Shocker.