Chapter 29 "Stranger"

(Kristina's POV)

Three days had passed since Jessie and I broke up. I don't really know if it's a break up or something but we weren't speaking to one another. Though she called me once or twice but I was too stubborn to answer. Bite me! Good thing it's also Lizzy's day-off 'cause I accompanied Mama on the airport this morning going back to California which means I'm on my own again.

Of course, rumors of my break up spread like a disease to my dear, dear colleagues and they can't stop talking about it. Whoopie! A lot of let's say 'admirers' already asked me out and the first in line was Madison. *Sigh* Madison, Madison, Madison... What am I to do with you? You're just like Jessie when she first asked me out. Very persistent I might add. F*ck! I said Jessie's name again...Oh wait! I said it again. Ugh!

"Admit it. You miss her." Said Lizzy with a smirk.

Oh shut up, Lizzy! You know nothing! I don't miss her and I never probably will. Liar! Go ahead, Kristina... make yourself believe a despicable lie.

Suddenly, someone's phone rang and its ringtone is "To be with you". It's the song that Jessie sang to me when she last asked me out and she took me to Coney Island. I muttered as I slump my head on the table.

"Just call her already. Geez!" said Lizzy.

I looked up with hair strands covering my face and said, "De ninguna manera!" I brushed my hair using my hands as I released a sigh.

"There you are with your Spanish language again. Did you know I have to buy a Spanish to English dictionary just to keep up with your words? What does that even mean, Rodriguez?? I can't find it on my dictionary." asked Lizzy emphasizing the 'r'.

"No dire."

"Shut up..." said Lizzy annoyed with my Spanish words. "Why don't we just enjoy our day-off and-"

I groaned and slumped my head on the table again.

"-or we could just stay here and be miserable." She crossed her arms as she raise her left leg placing it on top of another chair beside her.

We were at an outdoor table of a coffee shop and yes we look pathetic.

I glared at my cup and saw my name written on it and it was spelled wrong. I'm now called Christinna. Wow... Double 'n' with a 'Ch'. Classic.

I was keeping myself pre-occupied with things and I think it's working. It's a good thing, I guess.

"Oh my God!" said Lizzy giving a small gasp as she tugs my shirt.

I looked up, "What?" I said in a sluggish way. She was pointing at something or someone but I can't make anything out of it. I narrowed my vision even more. Right then and there, I saw them.

I immediately went into panic mode and stood up grabbing Lizzy's hands as we start a game of tug-of-war, "Oh my God! Let's get out of here."

Lizzy pushed me down to my chair and said, "Sit down! You're making a scene."

Wow, she's strong...

"Don't you want to go shopping? I know a place where we can-"

Lizzy placed her index finger on my lips, "Shhh... quiet! Hmm... I wonder what they are talking about."

We lowered our heads as we spied on AJ and Sam across the street. Of all the streets they have to be in... it has to be this street! Why God? Why?

"I don't think we should be spying on them." I whispered to Lizzy.

"What the f-?? They're coming this way! Oh sh*t! This is your fault, Kristina! We're totally screwed! I wanna strangle you right now!"

Yep, we are making a scene alright. Definitely, everybody's looking at us right now.