17

MAMA'S POV,

       The next day being the day Nawwarah would be admitted to the hospital, I decided we spend the night together in my room and so, I invited her to my room. I just wanted to be by her side and feel her warmth being the only daughter I have.
We chatted for a long time, talked about many things which we never talked about, told her alot of things and she also shared alot with me. It felt so good having a mother and daughter time. We performed ablution after that and prayed some nawafils and prayed. I asked Allah to grant my daughter good health and a long and successful life.
We got ready to sleep and she hugged me so tight and said "you're the best thing to ever happen to me my entire life and thank you for the thank best mother and best friend anyone could ever dreamed of, I love you mama tah" and with that, I hugged her back and said I love you too baby, you added so much colors to my life and I'm do grateful to Allah for having you as my daughter.
I watched as Nawwarah slept peacefully while I couldn't sleep because I was feeling nervous and anxious. I decided to cry my heart out to Allah so I performed ablution, and faced the qiblah. I cried so much when my head touched the ground in sujood and prayed for my daughter's good health. I later fell asleep on the prayer mat. I was sleeping when I heard Nawwarah's voice calling out to me and I opened my eyes only to see that she has fallen off the bed and I rushed to her but before I could raise her, she has already lost consciousness and her body was so hot.
I quickly alerted the hotel management and an ambulance was sent and we rushed Nawwarah to the hospital.
By midnight, Nawwarah's condition deteriorated and she was rushed to the ICU.
I watched helplessly as my
daughter's lifeless body was wheeled to the ICU. I stood in the waiting area unsure of what next to do as I wasn't in the right state of mind to do anything. I needed someone to tell me everything is going to be fine so I dialed Nawwarah's dad and told him the situation and he assured me that they would book the next flight to Germany and be with us in every step of the way.
    After standing in front of the ICU for 2 agonizing hours, the doctors came out and I rushed to ask about her wellbeing. Well Mrs. Muhammad,  your daughter is out of danger but is in a critical condition and she requests to see you.
     I entered the ICU with a Salam and subhanallah, my daughter really was in a critical condition. Her skin has turned yellow and her breathing was unstable. I sat on the edge of the bed and held her hands while she opened her eyes and she began talking: mamatah, please pray for me everywhere in my body is paining me. My body is itching me so much and a cough interrupted her. I hurriedly gave her water and she continued, I know this is the end for me  but I would have loved to die in my motherland, I would love for my corpse to be buried in Nigeria not abroad Dan Allah take me back home Dan Allah mamatah.
    I was in a dilemma but I knew I had to do what my baby wanted and so, i held her hand lovingly and said if this is what you really want, then we'll in sha Allah be taking the next flight back to Nigeria in sha Allah.  I sat with her praying for her until she fell into an uncomfortable slumber and I immediately dialed her dad's number and told him what Nawwarah wanted and after minutes of trying to persuade him, he reluctantly agreed.
I immediately booked our tickets and went back to the hotel to pack our clothes. I booked a cab back to the hospital and I arrived in less than 20 minutes where I checked on Nawwarah and she was still asleep and so, I checked on the other patients too who Nawwarah sponsored and bid them goodbye and they wished us safe trip with lots of prayers for my baby.
       I met the doctor in charge and explained the situation to him and he understood me and signed on the discharge papers. Nawwarah was injected with a sedative so she would be unconscious till we arrive Nigeria.
     Our flight took off 1 hour later and I layed back on my seat with so many things going on in my mind like what does destiny has in store for my daughter?
Is she going to survive thisss?

Phewwwww
Hey guyssss, it's been long I know and I'm so sorry about that
This book is actually coming to an end .
I hope you like this chapter and if you do, like , and comment so I can know what your views are regarding this book.
Feeamanillah
Maarryyama.