chapter 8 "Trapped in a risky situation"

Start from the beginning

I could tell they were all freaking out, Andrew biting at his nails, enough to make one of them bleed by mistake.

Robin eventually let go and started pacing in front of us mumbling to himself, he looked absolutely distressed, fiddling with his glasses and cursing softly.

"We need to leave, early, like right now....we can't risk Ashley being here and getting caught...we should keep this to ourselves" he said before glancing at me.

"Birdy...you know I can't lie to my brother...he's probably called relentlessly...I'll only tell him so he knows I'm safe, I won't tell him any details or anything like that, I promise, he needs to stay safe" I say almost pleading and he just nodded, giving me a smile after I hugged him.

"You're lucky I trust your judgement as the group leader...i'll set up a coded call, you'll have five minutes" he said brushing my hair from my face.

"Thank you" I mumbled before sitting down, both Andrew and Rose still seemed very on edge.

"So...where is Jenny?" Andrew asked, he was close to Jenny, we'd tease him saying they'd make a cute couple, though never brought up being mates.

"She's not back? I thought she was with you guys" I said shocked, I felt a little worried, more than I expected, but Andrew was worried so I did care.

"No, she disappeared with you last night, you and some guys, I'm guessing that means she's still out there, we have to get her back, she's our friend, we can't leave her behind" he said firmly while pacing a little.

I would have suggested something but I couldn't get my thoughts to settle long enough to think.

I just leaned into my hands to try and get ahold of my thoughts, but they kept drifting to last night, to Damien, I felt like I was going mad, like I was itching for his touch.

This is stupid, all of it, the stupid mate bond, the stupid feelings, the stupid situation I'm in.

All of it, so so stupid!

I felt like I was in some kind of cliché romance story, I felt like an idiot, how could my life get any worse!

........

I just jinxed myself didn't I? That's so going to bite my ass later.

I looked up when Rose handed me my phone, I nodded thanks to her already seeing all the worried texts and calls from Samuel.

I sighed and slowly got up hitting the call button, heading outside to the porch, it only rang twice before he picked up, and my ear was assaulted with a barrage of concerned shouting.

"Ashley where the hell have you been!? You didn't pick up at all last night and Robin said you had gone missing!"

"I'm ok Sammy, I promise, there was just...an incident, don't get mad but I...may have gotten drunk and slept with someone?" I said quickly.

There was a pause of silence before.

"YOU DID WHAT!?"

Was screamed down my ear making me pull the phone away from my ear from how loud it was.

"Was it a wolf?! Did you get hurt!? Did he try taking you as a mate!? Oh god Ash did he get you pregnant!?" He screamed worriedly, I could hear him pacing around.