Chapter One: Ariving

|EDITED|
I hopped out of the car and stretched. Yeah I got to kinda stretch out at the airport but it was only the walk off the plane to the baggage claim then to the car. So I was kinda tense still.

I walked over to the moving truck and helped unload all the boxes into my new house. When we were done I dragged a few boxes up the stairs and to my room.

A few hours later my room looked almost the same as it did in my old house in Texas. I miss my friends and couldn't wait till school let out and I get to go visit them. I heard my phone buzz and picked it up to see my friend, Angie, texting me. I texted her for a awhile until dinner.

"Nikki! Brayn! It's dinner time!" I heard my mom call from the kitchen. Me and my older brother ran down the stairs and to the dinning room for dinner.

I sat down and ate dinner with my family. "So when do we start school?" Brayn asked. He was a people's person and would have no problem making friends. While I on the other hand would probably have 0-3 friends by the end of the school year.

"Tomorrow." My dad replied. Well so much 'for settling in before we go to school.' As he told us when we talked about moving. Oh well I get a head start on learning how to not be seen at this school.

After dinner I ran back to my room to find an outfit to wear tomorrow. I finally settled on an outfit and put it on my dresser.

I sat on my bed and pulled out my phone and started scrolling through my Instagram. I heard a knock at my door and sat up. "Come in!" I yelled. The door opened and Brayn came in and sat on my floor.

We have always been really close. And like most older brothers he is really protective over me. He is only two years older then me. He is a senior this year and I'm a junior. Well I'm supposed to be a sophomore but I passed the finals for it a few months ago.

But I'm really ahead in a lot of my classes so I'll probably be taking senior classes and my parents want to talk to the principal about moving me to a senior. Brayn was kind of excited, because he would get to keep a closer eye on me. I was kinda nervous though because right before we left our school I took the junior finals to see if they could move me up.

"So mom and dad got a call from the principal." He stated.

"What did he say?" I asked.

"Well he looked at your test scores and you passed!" he exclaimed.

"REALLY?! I WAS SO SCARED I FAILED!!" I said getting really excited.

"Not only did you pass but you only got 2 problems wrong." He said.

"What?!" I said taken aback.

"Yeah and he said he wanted you to take the senior finals in a few weeks." He smiled at me. He stood up and hugged me. I was still in shock and trying to process the information. I hugged him back and he walked out of the room.

I picked up my phone and started to text my friends in our group my 'sos' but I then remembered the move and the miles of distance between us. Crap.

--

I woke up the next morning by the screeching sound of my alarm clock. I silenced it and got up. Time to start over at a new hell hole.

I threw on the outfit I put aside yesterday day and did my hair. Once I got done I did my makeup which is just mascara and lipgloss. I grabbed my backpack and headed down stairs for breakfast.

When I walked down stairs my mom had already made breakfast and made my plate. I thanked her as I grabbed my plate and sat at the bar. I ate my food and told my mom and dad bye. I walked out the door and started to walk to school.