2 - The Forrest's Rules

☻♡

☻♡

2 - The Forrest's Rules

"What...are you dressed as?"

Michael quirked an entertained look to his friend Andy, posing with his Halloween costume on jokingly.

"I'm a deranged murderer. Duh!"

Andy chucked in entertainment, making Michael huff and cross his arms.

"What is it?"

"You're just one of those people who's so...adorable that even dressed as a 'deranged murderer' you still look innocent."

"Oh whatever. Do you want me to go with you to this stupid party or what?"

Michael wasn't a party-goer type of person. But Andy was not going to let him miss out on the "party of the year." It was a huge Halloween party going on at a frat house that Andy was friends with a couple of the frat guys.

He wanted to dress as something scary. So he put on a half mask and dark clothes, putting on some fake blood as well. But according to Andy, he was still "adorable" and "innocent."

"Aww Mike, don't be like that! You totally look all badass and scary

"Aww Mike, don't be like that! You totally look all badass and scary. I was just messing with you."

"Mhmmm."

"Sarah will be there." Andy said excitedly, making Michael narrow his eyes.

"Why am I even going?" He whined out dramatically, "That means you're going to leave me to hang out with her and I'm just going to be awkwardly standing there."

"I won't leave you. I promise." Andy said with a grin, slinging an arm around Michael's shoulders.

Andy was dressed up himself for the occasion. He had a pirate outfit and hat on. He also had a fake sword on him.

And Michael was the dorky one...

"Are you ready to go soon?" Andy asked.

"Yeah. Let me just grab my phone and a book."

"Dude...There's no fucking way you're bringing a book to a party."

"Andy, just let me! I'm probably going to be bored."

"This isn't a book club." Andy joked, making Michael roll his eyes before leaving the living room to head into his room instead.

Michael shared a small apartment with Andy and another college student. He was the closest with Andy, but still got along with the other guy named Jackson. Michael was a psychology student while Andy was a photography student and Jackson was an engineer student.

Michael and Andy were juniors while Jackson was a senior, almost ready to graduate and get his bachelor's degree. Andy and Michael have been discussing what they're going to do once Jackson graduates and moves out. They're going to have to find a third person to move in to help with rent like they've already been doing.

Michael opened his bedroom's door, grabbing his iPhone 11 Pro and sliding it into the back pockets of his ripped black skinny jeans. It wasn't that hard to put together this last minute costume, since Michael was an emo kid at heart.

Other than being an emo kid, Michael was a book lover. He had piles of books stacked in his room both read and unread.

When people asked he liked to say he read fantasy and fiction to sound smart, but in reality all he really read was romance. Dark romance...

It was embarrassing, so he didn't tell others about it. He couldn't just say: "oh yeah I love dark romance! When he kidnaps the guy he's been stalking and makes him fall in love with him, ugh! So romantic."

Yeah, no. They'd probably send him to a therapist.

Michael knows reading all these books affects his dating life. He's always felt...unfulfilled.

Don't get him wrong; if he was being stalked and then kidnapped by an obsessed man he'd freak the fuck out. At least he thinks he would...

But anyways...he's always felt unfulfilled. Even though he was more introverted, Michael still craved love. So that's why he's gone on a few dates during his time at college and has tried to hit it off with some men around that he thought were attractive.

But it's never felt thrilling and exciting like in his books. He's always thought the guys he was talking to or even dating at the time were too...nice. Too nice and gentle. Even when they were being "harder" in bed, Michael thought it was too soft. He wanted to feel...he didn't even know what he wanted to feel. He just knew he was unsatisfied.

So Michael knows that he's created a terrible high expectation that he'll never be able to meet. But he can't stop reading his books because they're just so goddamn interesting.

His eyes scanned his never ending to be read pile, thinking what he should bring to the party in case he gets bored. And he's definitely going to get bored.

He definitely didn't want to bring a revealing cover like one with a shirtless man on it. He also didn't want to bring one that had a suggestive title like "Screaming In His Bed."

His eyes finally landed on one. It was a simple cover. It was of a dark tree in the woods with simple white lettering that said "The Forrest's Rules."

He grinned in interest when he read the back of the book. It was supposedly about an obsessed man chasing his lover through the woods as some deranged way of flirting with her.

He grabbed the book and went back downstairs, ready to go out to the party with Andy.

—•••—

Sooo you got to know Michael a little better. How do you like our victim to be?

—☆⁎⁺˳✧༚