𝟑𝟓

𝐓𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐬 𝐨𝐧𝐞.

𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐀 𝐅𝐄𝐖 𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐒 of no sleep and constant training for battle, Aelora felt herself to be ready. And when she looked around her, at her people, she could see they were ready too. 

Aemond watched his wife as she swung her sword across the neck of the wooden doll in front of her. Her hair had been braided, swaying with every moment she made. Everyone could see how smitten the Targaryen male was with his wife - it was written across his face. His lips that would constantly be curled up in a smile whenever she was in his presence. His body language that would detect any harm against his precious wife. His hands that were never not on her back. People noticed, and with time they started to trust him. Despite his origin. 

But regardless of his undying loyalty to Aelora and the Blacks, there was still one person in doubt of his true intentions. One who could not look at him without wanting to murder him - one who is waiting for him to show his true self and betray them all. But alas, Aemond had been here for a long time and he had yet to show Daemon a true reason for the Rogue Prince's distrust. But he didn't feel like he needed a reason, he just doesn't like the Green cunt.

"Are you here to train like the rest of us, or just to stare down my daughter with that hungry look of yours?" Daemon asked as he walked beside Aemond, his hand hanging lazily over Dark Sister. Aemond could only scoff at his remark. "I do not need to train." Daemon laughed as he kept his eyes on his daughter. "Please, do not think too high of yourself." Aemond turned his body to Daemon, unfazed by the Prince's words. "You're trying to get a reaction out of me, but it won't work. I won't do that to Aelora." Daemon's mouth formed an upside down smile, "perhaps you're just too scared." The one eyed Prince shook his head nonchalantly. But Daemon needed a win for himself, desperately. "Prove your worth to me and I will let you live here, with my daughter, in peace." 

And Aemond knew this was a test, he was smarter than Daemon realized. He almost didn't accept Daemon's challenge, but he wanted to. For Aelora. "I won't hurt you too much." Daemon snickered at him before they made their way to the training area. Aelora moved out of the way, confused as to why these two men were taking the stand. "What exactly is happening?" Her father smiled at her, "we're only training, darling daughter." But when Dark Sister touched Aemond's throat lightly, Aelora knew better than her father's words. Aemond had been caught off guard. And that was something that did not happen much. "Stop this!" Aelora shouted, but the men weren't paying attention to her. This would become a battlefield, she thought. One of them wouldn't make it out alive.

The two Targaryens moved as one, almost dancing. People around were already making bets with one another. Daemon moved one leg to the front, hitting Aemond's leg with Dark Sister's blade. He winced through his teeth as he made sure not to show Daemon he was hurt. But Daemon knew, his smirk told enough. It was then that Aemond attacked, blade crushing against blade. Both men pushed with every ounce of strength they had. Aelora's eyes popped wide open, for the person who was weakest, his head would be cut in half. But the blades moved against one another, slowly sliding down. None of the two could beat the other. Aemond showed his anger, cutting through Daemon's silver armor, straight through his arm. Daemon was done playing by the rules. He wasn't named the Rogue Prince for nothing. He walked with his entire body, showing his dominance. Aemond wasn't fazed, but he'd be lying if he didn't feel frightened at this moment. Daemon shouted as he brought Dark Sister to the air, Aemond pulling his sword over his head to protect himself. Daemon kept hitting Aemond's sword by the blade, tiny chunks falling off it. He then proceeded to kick Aemond in the knees, making him lose his focus to fall down. When Daemon raised his sword again, he was met with two familiar eyes.