𝟎𝟗

↬ 

𝐁𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬.

𝐀𝐄𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐀 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐙𝐄𝐍 as she watched the tall Prince stand right in front of her. Nothing between them to shield them from each other. Her eyes had wandered over his body many times, but they always found their way back to his. He was her favorite shade of purple.

Aelora decided to change the subject in hopes her body would calm itself down. "I see your eye has healed nicely." She crossed her arms behind her back, digging her nails back into the palm of her hands. Aemond took the hint and went along with her. "I suppose so. I have a big scar that reminds me of it, every single day." His words weren't poisonous, but they weren't kind either. He knew she meant no harm, but he did not like talking about it.

The young Princess found herself back five years ago when she touched his freshly scarred face. She remembered how it felt on her hands and how badly she wanted to heal him. She cried that night for him. She felt guilty that she hadn't woken up in time, maybe she could've made a difference. But she can't go back, she can only go forward.

Aemond kept his eye on her as she took the last step between them, closing the space between them completely. Aemond towered over her, softly lowering his head to keep eye contact. She was the one lowering her head all those years ago, but the years have been kind to Aemond in that department. Aelora wasn't a small woman either, which attracted Aemond even more.

Aelora reached for his eyepatch, but this time he did not turn away. He still felt ugly, for who could love a scarred man? But he didn't want to hide, especially not from her. Without struggling Aelora slowly raised the eyepatch off his head. His scar had healed, and he had replaced his old eye with a sapphire stone. Aelora could not believe what she was seeing, she liked the replacement. It made him special. She ran her long fingers across the scar, taking them both back to their first intimate moment.

He closed his eye as she moved over his scar. If this were anyone else, they would've be dead. But not her. Never her. "It's a nice replacement," she said, retreating her hand. He wanted to place it back on his face, but he stopped himself. "It's better than an empty hole." Aelora lowered her head and focused on the ground beneath her. She could feel her eyes watering, blaming herself. "I apologize that I was not there that night, perhaps I could have made a difference." Aemond saw the tears forming in the corner of her eyes. He placed his hand under her chin and tilted her head slightly up, "it was not your fault, Aelora." Then why did it feel like it was? If she had hidden her dagger somewhere else, somewhere better, then all of this could have been prevented.

She blamed him, as well as herself for all those years. Her eyes lowered to his lips. Every ounce of restraint she had left just became a lot harder. She wasn't going to make the first step, but if he did, she would not be able to stop herself. It was him she wanted, and only him. The one eyed dragon covered in human flesh in front of her. His thumb started making circles on her cheek, making her lean into his touch. Aemond leaned in, bringing his mouth to her ear. "You're dangerous, Aelora," he whispered. Aelora's eyes closed as the words left his mouth so subtle. He tucked a piece of her hair behind her ear, giving him better access to her ear. "All those years wasted," he continued whispering. "Never again." His breath on her ear made her shift on the spot. Aemond was hungry for more of her, a flame that no one could extinguish. It was growing more powerful and he became annoyed at himself for it. He knew her duty and he knew she needed to remain pure, but at this moment, he could not care less. He was a selfish man, especially when it came down to his white pearl.

He shifted his head to connect their foreheads. Aelora did not dare to open her eyes, she knew it would be her undoing. "Look at me Aelora." She slowly opened her eyes, immediately locking hers with his. "Ask me to leave again, and I will. But I need to hear you say it." He was dreading to hear those words. "I cannot," Aelora breathed. Aemond's mouth crept into a smirk. He had his one hand resting on her cheek and the other firmly on her back. Aelora's hands had found their way to his waist, gripping onto him so he could never leave, not again. "How did we get here?" She managed to ask, genuinely curious. "We have been here, Princess. We have been here since that day." She pushed her head more to the side, more in his hand.

What they were doing was dangerous, they both knew it, but they didn't care. Aemond had never felt like himself again after returning back home with her and her damned smile always in the back of his head. They had too little time back then, but they had all the time now. He would not leave again, and neither would she. He was adamant to keep her here, he could not bear the thought to see her leave. Aelora had seen the boy again deep in his eyes. All of her morals went out the window when she opened that bottle. Her mind shut off and her heart took over. This was for her, she thought. She deserved to be selfish.

She pushed him closer to her. He was surprised by her action but he had figured her out. He knew what she wanted. He moved his head lower, closer to her lips. His lips brushed against hers as Aelora closed her eyes to take in the moment. Her breathing was uneven, making him smile. It was good to see that the effect he had on her was the same as she had on him. "Tell me what you want, princess." Her attempt to speak was amusing to him. She had never been one to hold her tongue and yet here she was. Aelora opened her eyes, "I want to feel you." She had barely finished her sentence before Aemond crashed his lips on hers.

Aemond's hand remained on her cheek as hers went up in his hair. Her hands were tangled in his hair, moving around free as he absolutely devoured his favorite meal. He could never be close enough to her. It was intoxicating for both of them. Everything she had ever dreamed of was becoming reality. All of her doubts went up in thin air. It was just him and her.

With their lips still locked, Aemond moved her against the wall behind them. Aelora had become sick with lust, she wanted more, so she grew bolder. His hand made its way under her dress. Aelora whimpered at his touch on her thigh, to which he could only smile in-between kisses. His name left Aelora's lips in a breathless moan that echoed through the room, making his eyes dark with desire. She spread her legs for his hand to come closer. But he didn't, not yet. He wanted to savor the moment, they had no rush.

That was until someone knocked on the door. Aelora pushed Aemond off out of fear and straightened her dress. She covered her mouth with her hand, not believing what just happened. Aemond just stood there watching her as she took it all in. He was not afraid of her regretting it, he felt the way her body reacted to his touch. "Do not speak," She ordered as she walked to the door.

"Ser Erryk, how can I be of assistance?" A lump formed in her throat when she didn't find Aegon on the ground. He could have heard something, or even worse, he could have walked in without them noticing. "The Princess Rhaenyra has asked me to inform you of tomorrow's events in the Throne Room." Aelora looked panicked at the wall where Aemond was leaning against, "uhm, that won't be necessary, It has already been brought to my attention by The Princess herself." Aelora gave him a quick smile as she tried to keep her voice as steady as possible. Ser Erryk simply gave the Princess a bow, "very well then." He turned around and walked back down the corridor.

"To be continued, Aelora." Aemond whispered from behind her, letting the r in her name roll off his tongue. She had goosebumps all over her body.

When he had left her room she touched her lips with the top of her index finger. He had only been gone for a second but she was already missing his touch.

"Gods stand by me," she muttered under her breath before she let herself fall down on her bed.

✺✺✺

sorry for the slow update, college is kicking my ass rn 
but thank u so much for the support!!! hope ur enjoying it <3