𝟏𝟑

↬ 

𝐏𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧.

"𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐑𝐄 𝐉𝐎𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆," Aelora softly shouted. "Why?" Rhaenyra and Daemon's lips pressed in a tight line. "Because the King said so." Rhaenyra looked at Daemon as she shook her head slightly. "Not the King," Rhaenyra said as she turned to her daughter. "Your grandsire. My father." She then turned to Daemon, "and your brother." Daemon sighed. He didn't want to do this any more than his daughter, but he knew Viserys's time was coming to an end. He was going to do what was needed. And if he had to do it, so would Aelora.

She really wasn't up for it. Sitting in the same room as Aegon? Yeah, no, she'd rather have her head cut off. But her mother was right. This wasn't the King, this was her grandsire. The grandsire who loved his daughter and granddaughter very much. Aelora looked deep in her mother's eyes before blowing some wind out of her mouth. "Fine. But I'm not sitting next to a Green." With that she only meant Aegon, but they didn't need to know that. Daemon chuckled, "Over my dead body." He walked out of her chambers with Rhaenyra close behind him. Aelora sat down on her bed and looked outside the window. her mind went somewhere else, a place far away. Her thoughts got interrupted with a loud knock on her door. She stood up and straightened her dress. All she wanted to do was take a hot bath, but that will have to wait apparently.

Aelora opened her door, surprised by the view. Aegon had a grin played across his lips. Aelora frowned at the sight of her uncle. Unsure why he was here, she decided to start the conversation. "Uncle," she simply spoke. Aegon took a step forward, inviting himself in her chambers but Aelora stepped in front of him. "Absolutely not. Whatever you have to say, you can say it here." Aelora and Aegon shared the same height, so she really wasn't intimidated by him at all. But she still had her hand ready to pull out Wicked Eye at any moment. "You have heard of the dinner taking place later I assume?" His hands were folded behind his back and it almost looked like he had his chest pushed out. What a joke. She simply nodded her head at his question. "Good. I am here to make a proposal." Her eyebrows raised, her mouth opened but Aegon stopped her. "No, actually, not a proposal. More a .. compromise?" It was true that she was intrigued, but there was absolutely no way that she'd ever make a deal with this serpent of a man. "Tonight at dinner, I will announce that I am to take a wife." Aelora snorted. He? A wife? The streets of Silk were covered with his spawn, why on earth would he ever want a wife? "And what exactly does that have to do with me?" In the back of her mind she knew. She knew it all too well, but playing dumb could maybe save her. "Oh but everything, Aelora. You are going to be my wife." Those words echoed in her head, causing her to take a small step back.

"I wouldn't take you as a husband if you were the last man alive," she spat. Aegon reached for her throat and pushed her on her bed. Aelora fell down but immediately sat back up. Her throat ached from the sudden movement. "This is not up for debate!" He shouted but quickly calmed himself. "And I told you, this was a compromise." She stood back on her feet to stand in front of Aegon. Fire was ignited in her eyes, and she would happily let this room burn down. "You accept, and I will keep my mouth closed about you and Aemond." He crossed his arms across his chest. She was standing so close to him that she could smell the wine from his breath. Aelora scoffed, "nothing happened."

Aegon tsked, "you don't have to lie to me, Princess. Who am I to judge? But you are a woman, and this could cost you your reputation and more. Are you willing to take that risk?" Aelora stared down at her shoes. "Answer me!" He shouted as his fingers slid underneath her chin to raise it. Aelora grabbed his arm and twisted it behind him. They both turned around in one swift move. Aelora had Aegon pinned against the wall as she stood behind him. She brought her lips to his ears. "You come here in my chambers to threaten me? This is not a compromise, this is blackmail. And I will have none of it," she whispered. Aegon thrashed against her but her training had paid off. "I could slit your throat and not even blink an eye. This is me warning you, Uncle." Aelora pushed herself off Aegon as he took his wrist in his hand to apply pressure. "You truly are your father's daughter."