𝟏𝟖

↬ 

𝐀 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐛𝐨𝐧𝐝.

"𝐃𝐎 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐍 𝐌𝐘 𝐖𝐀𝐘 or so help me Ser Arryk," Rhaenyra's eyes were bloodshot red as she yelled at the guard. Arryk's eyes widened at the Princess's bluntness, but remained standing on the spot. Rhaenyra turned to his brother, Ser Erryk. "Remove him from my sight." Erryk turned to whisper some words at his brother, to which Arryk's expression turned questioning. Arryk followed his brother's words and let Rhaenyra pass before walking away himself.

Rhaenyra threw the doors open to the Throne room where she saw Alicent talking with some guards. Alicent hadn't noticed the angry Princess sneaking up behind her. The Queen turned around and took a step back from the shock. "Princess," she breathed, trying to catch her breath. "Where is he?" Alicent frowned as Rhaenyra folded her hands in front of her. "I will not ask a second time, Your Grace." Rhaenyra was trying desperately to keep calm, but after she had heard and seen what her daughter went through she was running on nothing but anger.

The guards at Alicent's side took a step forward, but Alicent stopped them. "Leave us." The guards hesitated but still obeyed the Queen's command. "Where is who, Princess?" Rhaenyra scoffed at the Queen. "Do not make me say his name." Rhaenyra's bottom lip trembled with anger. Truth was, Alicent knew who she was talking about. She hadn't seen Criston Cole in a while and quickly connected the dots. "I do not know."

"Mind telling me what this is about?" Alicent had seen the look in Rhaenyra's eyes. A dragon ready to burn everyone around her. "This is about him torturing my daughter, Your Grace," Rhaenyra's face turned blank. No emotion shown, which terrified Alicent. She shook her head, "that isn't possible."

Rhaenyra placed her hand on her belly. "Isn't it? Think about it." Alicent thought back at the day where Criston confirmed to have shared a bed with the Princess. She remembered how Rhaenyra had lied to her about her affairs with her uncle. She tried to puzzle together a reason, but she failed. It had something to do with Rhaenyra, that was certain. Perhaps it was because Rhaenyra was untouchable, so maybe that is why he went to the next closest thing, her daughter. But it still felt odd to her that Criston could be capable of something like this.

"I need to know where he is, Your Grace," Rhaenyra spoke monotone. Alicent noticed she blinked more than she usually did. "My husband is looking for him now, who would you rather have find him?" There was no right answer to Rhaenyra's question. If Daemon got to him first, Cole would have his head cut off by Dark Sister before he could take another breath. If Rhaenyra found him, he would die a slower and more painful death.

Alicent shook her head, "I do not know where he is. And even if I did I wouldn't tell you." Alicent and Rhaenyra's eyes stayed on each other a little longer than they should. "He harmed my daughter, Alicent," Rhaenyra choked up. The Queen took a deep breath. "What proof do you have, princess?" Rhaenyra heard her heart shatter once more, and once again by a Hightower. Alicent was smarter than to trust Rhaenyra's words, last time she did the Princess betrayed her by lying. They both hurt each other, but Rhaenyra's betrayal cut her the deepest.

Rhaenyra took a step back, not believing what she was hearing. She had come to the Queen because it was the right thing to do, but Alicent wasn't returning the favor. "Proof? My daughter has a bruise around her eye the same color as the night. Her back-," Rhaenyra stopped to catch her breath. The moment Aelora showed her scars to her mother she fell down on her knees. Aelora sat down in front of her, taking her hands in hers, reassuring her that she was alright now. But Rhaenyra's thirst for vengeance grew only stronger after seeing her daughter's wounds.