𝟐𝟗

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐳𝐞 𝐅𝐮𝐫𝐲.

𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐘 𝐖𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋 her mad, but granting her that name would have been too soon. The young Princess thought she still had years, but life had been too unkind to her. It was never a choice between her duty and her family; both had too much in common with each other. But it was the look of desperation and fury in her eyes that made the people in Dragonstone take a step back. The majority of them were waiting for her to snap, but there was a small percentage that was utterly afraid of what her anger would bring them.

A dragon with scales gifted by the sun. She knew that dragon all too well. It was true that Sunfyre was a breathtakingly beautiful creature, and Aegon loved him dearly. The bond between a Targaryen and their dragon is unique, and that was the only thing she ever liked about Aegon. He never cared for anyone but himself. But when it came to Sunfury, he would burn down the whole world for him.

The girl could hear her father and husband shout at her from behind her, but Aelora was seeing nothing but red. Vermithor landed in front of her, allowing Aelora to climb on his back. It was a rare sight to see a Targaryen riding a dragon without a saddle. But then again, Aelora was not your ordinary Targaryen. Vermithor could feel everything Aelora was feeling, and he was mad. The Bronze Fury moved his enormous wings as he lifted himself from the ground, with only one destination in mind.

Aemond was panicking. It was a rare thing for him, but when it came down to Aelora, he could not control the things he felt and would do. He placed his thumb and index finger under his tongue as he whistled. "What do you think you are doing?" Daemon asked him. Aemond scoffed at him, "what does it look like I am doing? I am going after my wife." Daemon lowered his head as a silent chuckle escaped from his throat. "You are trying to tame a dragon, Aemond. And not just any dragon, my daughter." Aemond tilted his head to the side, trying to find Daemon's eyes. "I am not trying to tame anyone. If anything I would encourage her, but I need to know that she is safe." Daemon turned his head to the one eyed Prince. "You say that now, but the Hightowers are still your family."

Those words cut Aemond deep. He had no relation to them beside their blood. Aelora was his family. And that is the only family he needs. "I am not going to sit here and do nothing just because you say so, Daemon. I am trying to be respectful but you are seriously starting to piss me off." Daemon turned his whole body Aemond's way. "Careful how you speak to me, one eye. I am trying to be civil for Aelora's sake but do not test my patience. Know your place." Aemond's nostrils flared at his words. "My place is next to her, and no one will keep me from that." Daemon felt stuck, releasing a deep breath. "You may be her father, but I am her husband. Do not question my loyalty to her because I promise you it will not end well." Aemond had no more words for him. He climbed on Vhagar's back, and the two of them flew up, ready to follow the Bronze Fury and Aelora.

Vermithor hovered above King's Landing. His screeches terrified the people below him. Aelora couldn't contain her trembling lip as she looked over the city. All these people applauded for Aegon. They are all responsible for her mother's death. And the people living in the Red Keep, with that usurper of a King, were responsible for the death of her brother. Everyone here was the enemy in her eyes, and she could feel herself slowly giving up on the thought of peace. In the back of her mind she knew to wait on her brother. But being here, with all the power in her hands, she never felt more powerful.

But Aelora turned her head in fear as a loud roar sounded from behind her. It was a sound she was not familiar with. Her eyes widened as a dragon as black as coal came flying her way. Vermithor felt the Princess shift on his back as he changed his position to fly up in the clouds. The black dragon followed them, not slowing down. Vermithor was larger than him, but his priority was Aelora. He needed her safe. He fastened his speed as his wings moved at a faster pace. Aelora held her Bronze Fury tightly, her stomach pressed on his back. She knew Vermithor had the advantage because of his size, but the other dragon was much faster and swifter, giving him more room to attack Vermithor more easily.

"Tegon kesīr!" (land here) Aelora yelled as she slapped against Vermithor's scales. The Bronze Fury landed aggressively on the ground, and Aelora rolled off his back immediately, falling on the grass. Vermithor immediately took back to the sky, distracting the black dragon from his rider. Aelora panicked as she saw the other dragon making his move from underneath Vermithor. The dragon opened his big mouth and sunk his teeth in Vermithor's stomach. Aelora yelped as she heard her dragon's screech, angry that she could not help him. But Vermithor wasn't that easily defeated, and definitely not by an intruder. He halted in the sky, making the beast loose his grip. Vermithor moved himself as he opened his enormous mouth to bite in one of the wings of the black dragon. But it wasn't enough to make him stop. The dragon was proving himself to be ruthless.

A few seconds later and the sky had cleared itself from both dragons. Aelora looked around her, a mixture of panic, sadness and anger consuming her mind. "Vermithor!" She yelled, but no response. Until suddenly the ground behind her shook. The girl immediately turned around, only to be met with two menacing green eyes. Aelora held her breath as she slowly stumbled backwards, trying to get as far away from him as possible.

It is then, when she looked closely at him, that she recognized the beast. The Cannibal. The black dragon had no rider, and they had always told her that if you didn't bother him, he wouldn't bother you. So why is he here now?

The Bronze Fury quickly landed next to Aelora, his mouth open as he roared at The Cannibal. But Aelora simply placed her hand on Vermithor's side, telling him to calm down.

Aelora opened her mouth, with only one question leaving it. "Skoro syt issi ao kesīr?" (why are you here?)

✺✺✺

i didn't abandon the story i've just been so busy with finals :'(
and i promise that this story will be finished <3 it might take a while but as soon as i'm done with finals updates will be more frequent!