𝟏𝟔

↬ 

𝐒𝐨𝐟𝐭𝐥𝐲.

𝐌𝐄𝐀𝐍𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐄, 𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐀𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐃 had searched the whole castle for his white pearl. It was almost dawn, and she was not in her chambers. Aemond needed to talk to her, desperately. But for that he needed to find her first. He had looked inside, and now he was running outside to search for her there. He found Vermithor uneasy, he was circling a field over and over again. His horrifying screeches could be heard from Kingdoms away. Something wasn't right, and Aemond was going to find out what. He seethed through his teeth as he turned back inside to continue his search.

Aelora had slowly opened her eyes after a while and the pain quickly caught up with her. But if she was going to escape, she needed to do it now. She didn't have Wicked Eye with her, the dagger was safely hidden in her room. She didn't want history to repeat itself. Aelora looked at the rope tied around her wrists and started to inspect it. The rope looked old, and perhaps she could break through it. This was going to hurt like a bitch, but everything was better than staying here. And who knows when Criston would return. This was her chance, and she wasn't going to let it pass by.

Aelora started to pull down. She repeated the same action over and over again, but the rope remained tied to the ceiling. Her wrists felt like they were on fire, but that only boosted Aelora's will to get out of there. The rocks on the ceiling started to crumble down, landing on the ground next to her. Aelora put her whole weight in her movements and swung her body to the front and to the back. She felt the grip loosen, and kept repeating her motion. The rope cut loose and Aelora fell on the floor.

His first mistake was using a rope instead of chains. 
His second mistake was leaving her alone.

She quickly sat up to untie the knot on her feet. With her hands still tied, she searched for a secret passageway. She knew there was one, and she wasn't going to give up now. The Princess quickly found the wall that she had marked all those years ago. She pushed some small rocks out of her way before entering the tunnel.

Her feet were hurting from the cold stones and the marks from the rope. She pushed through until she reached the outside. She let herself fall down on the grass, her bare knees crushing against the ground. She allowed herself to breathe again when she heard Vermithor above her. Her Bronze Fury quickly landed in front of her, lowering his enormous head in front of Aelora. She pushed her forehead against his. "Ziry iksos okay, vermithor. Nyke okay," (it's okay, Vermithor. i'm okay) She softly whispered. Vermithor grunted at the Princess, making a smile appear on her lips.

She didn't know how, but she had made her way back to her chambers. She cut the knot around her wrists with her dagger and fell down on her bed. Unknowingly, she let herself fall on her back, forgetting her wounds. She swallowed down the scream she wanted to release. Aelora quickly walked to her mirror and turned around. Her whole back was scarred. Her wrists looked purple, as well as her eye. No one could see her like this. It was the crack of dawn outside, and Aelora had no intention of sleeping. Instead she took a hot bath and started to scheme a revenge plan against Criston Cole.

Aelora dressed herself in a bordeaux colored dress. She wasn't going to leave her chambers, but that wasn't an excuse not to dress herself. She brushed her white locks and let them fall down her back. She had ordered her handmaiden to bring her some ointment. Caitlynn didn't see her, but she knew not to ask questions. Aelora's back wounded her with every little step she took.