𝟐𝟏

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝. (𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐈𝐈)

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐓 𝐔𝐏 as Rhaenyra walked inside. "Queen Rhaenyra Targaryen, first of Her name, Queen of the Andals and the Rhoynar and the first men, Lady of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm," Daemon's words echoed through the room. Everyone bowed to their Queen, but only the ones who stood closest to her were granted a vision of the table. "What is our standing?" She asked. "We have thirty knights, a hundred crossbowmen, and three hundred men-at-arms," Daemon responded. Rhaenyra heard the names of her allies, but one of them was missing. "My lady mother was an Arryn. The Vale will not turn Cloak against their own kin," she assured.

Steffon Darklyn then spoke his concern. "What of Storm's End and Winterfell?"
"There has never lived a Stark who forgot an oath. And with House Stark, the North will follow," Bartimos explained.

"But then there is the question about lord Borros Baratheon," Lucerys mentioned. Rhaenyra nodded at her son, "indeed. Lord Baratheon will need to be reminded of his father's promises. She then turned to Rhaenys, "What news from Driftmark?" Rhaenys moved her head up, "lord Corlys sails for Dragonstone."

Daemon smiled, "to declare for his Queen." Rhaenys's eyes narrowed down on him, it almost sounded like Corlys would follow his brother's footsteps if he did not support Rhaenyra. But Rhaenys wasn't easily intimidated. "The Velaryon fleet is in my husband's yoke. He decides where they sail." Rhaenyra offered her a small smile, "we shall pray for both you and your husband's support. Just as we pray nightly for the Sea Snake's return to good health. There is no port on the Narrow Sea would dare to make an enemy of the Velaryon fleet."

She then turned back to her husband, "and our enemies?"
"We have no friends among the Lannisters, Tyland has served the hand of the king too long to run against him. And Otto Hightower needs the Lannister fleet," Daemon spoke.
Rhaenyra leaned her hands on the table. "Without the Lannisters we are not like to find any allies west of the Golden Tooth." Daemon shook his head, "no. The Riverlands are essential, your Grace."

Aelora scoffed at her father. "You are talking about men when we hold a power they do not." She looked everyone around her in their eyes. "Can you not see it? Our cause holds a power that has not been seen since the days of Old Valyria." Rhaenyra frowned at her daughter. "Dragons." But Rhaenyra shook her head at her daughter's proposal, "the Greens have dragons as well, Aelora."

Daemon cleared his throat, "they do only have two adult dragons, by my count. Whereas we have Syrax, Caraxes and Meleys." Rhaenys turned her head when she heard her dragon's name. "Your sons have Vermax, Arrax and Tyraxes," Bartimos chimed in. "Your daughter has Vermithor, and her husband rides Vhagar; the largest dragons alive."

"And Baela has Moondancer," Daemon then added. Aelora smiled at Baela, who returned her gesture. But Rhaenyra wasn't convinced. "Daemon, none of our dragons have been to war." But Aelora interrupted her, "you forget us, Your Grace. Vermithor and Vhagar are war dragons, they have been trained for this." Daemon nodded at his daughter's words, "there are also unclaimed dragons. Seasmoke still resides on Driftmark and Silverwing dwells on the Dragonmont, both still riderless."

"Dragons can kill dragons, and have," Aelora spoke. "It's the simple truth, Your Grace. We have more dragons than Aegon."

Aemond frowned, "it is true we have an advantage, but where do we gather? They'll see us coming from a mile away if we were to hold them here."
"We gather here at Harrenhal," Aelora pointed at the pawn on the table.
Daemon continued, "we cut off the west, surround King's Landing with the dragons. We could have every Green head mounted on spikes before the fucking moon turns."