𝟐𝟐

↬ 

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐠𝐞.

𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐀 𝐌𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓 of silence. A moment where Aelora could feel her heart shatter, the sound could be heard by everyone. Both sides stood ready to attack. Otto's head was tilted back, a grin playing across his lips. Aelora let go of her mother's body and rose from the ground, her father behind her. Everyone turned confused as the girl closed her eyes. Rhaenyra's guards grunted in annoyance when they were denied to attack. Daemon placed his hand on his daughter's shoulder, "your command." As Rhaenyra's heir, the responsibility now fell down on Aelora. But Aelora's eyes remained shut.

They only opened when she heard the roar she was waiting for. She smiled as she heard Vermithor's wings through the sky. He flew above them before lowering himself next to Aelora. The girl turned to her father, "bring him to me." Daemon nodded at her words and raised Dark Sister in the air, releasing the guards. Otto did the same with his men as he slowly backed away from the fight. Aelora jumped off the bridge, right on Vermithor's back as he flew to the clouds. The dragon flew in circles as Aelora kept her eyes on the battle below them. Otto raised his head to the view above him, trying to figure out where the Princess went. He fastened his steps, he had to get out of there as fast as possible, especially with Daemon right behind him.

But he halted when he thought he saw the shadow of two dragons. When he blinked, he noticed the different shapes. Aemond had accompanied his wife by taking his place next to her in battle.

Vermithor and Vhagar flew in a straight line down. "Dracarys!" Aelora yelled when they were right above Otto. But the Hand jumped out of the way, two Knights covering him with their shields. Aelora could only laugh at their sad attempt. Aemond gave Aelora a soft nod as he went to the middle part of the bridge where their Knights were fighting Otto's. Aemond lowered Vhagar, the Knights looking up as her shadow got cast upon them. They all screamed in unison as the largest dragon alive opened her mouth, fire exploding out of it. One half of the Knights cried for help as they got burned alive, while the others made the choice of jumping off the bridge into absolute nothingness. Aemond chuckled as he patted Vhagar on her side. He guided her back to the sky to grant him a vision of the battle his wife was fighting below him.

Aelora kept her focus on the Hightower as she followed him over the bridge. She wanted him dead. Otto had noticed Aemond's involvement in all of this, and it got him thinking. All those nights where Aemond had snuck off, all those times where he would remove himself from the room as the small council discussed the Blacks. Or the times where he would even defend them. He understood it now, Aemond had found himself entangled with a Black. And not just anyone, the heir of Rhaenyra Targaryen. Otto's lip trembled in anger as he ran to the carriage waiting on the other side. Vermithor soared down, opening his mouth as he took a Knight between his teeth. The Knight crunched in his throat before the Bronze Fury swallowed him whole. The other Knight had taken Otto under his arm as they kept running. Vermithor flew back up to circle around.

The other Knight abruptly fell down to the ground, a sword sticking out of his neck as blood gushed out of his throat. Otto recognized the sword, and he knew its owner. Daemon walked fast to Otto, smiling as he saw the Hightower run for his life. "I've always loved a good cat and mouse game, Otto!" Daemon shouted as he pulled Dark Sister out of the Knight's throat. Aelora slowed Vermithor down as she kept her attention on her father. Daemon placed his sword horizontally in his hand as he aimed it at Otto's head. But his play had gotten interrupted when Syrax suddenly flew down on the carriage, completely crushing it under her grip. Her screeches were a warning for him, her rider would be avenged. Otto stopped to look around him, but he had nowhere to run. He was surrounded, on the ground as well as in the sky. His plan to flee had failed, and he was going to pay the consequences.

Vermithor hovered next to the bridge, his head turning to Otto. "What did you think was going to happen, Otto?" Aelora jumped off Vermithor's back and took place in front of Otto as her father walked up next to her. "Killing the Queen in front of her husband and daughter." Aelora slowly walked in Otto's direction. He was startled by Syrax's roar as he kept walking to the other direction than the murderous Targaryens in front of him.

Aelora grabbed Wicked Eye and threw it right in Otto's leg. The Hand fell down, his hands gripping the dagger. Aelora crouched in front of him as she pulled the dagger back out of his leg. "Your daughter is next." She nudged at her father to pick him up and he listened. The rogue Prince reached for Otto as he yanked him up, the Hand thrashing against his chest to wriggle himself free, but without luck. Daemon took hold of Dark Sister and slit Otto's throat without thinking twice.

They both watched as the blood sprayed out of him. Otto's hands clasped around his neck as he stumbled behind. The Princess followed her father's lead, smiling at Vermithor, "dracarys." Fire erupted from his throat, consuming Otto completely. The Hand took a step behind, straight off the bridge. And then he was gone, and Aelora could let herself breathe again.

Daemon swung his arm over Aelora's shoulder as he pulled her closer to him. "Fucking cunt." Aelora couldn't help but exhale a sad chuckle. The Greens were the first ones to shed blood, and the Blacks would be the ones to happily return the favor.

Aemond walked up behind Aelora and Daemon, his hand around his sword. Aelora turned around when she heard his footsteps, she knew they were his. The sound of his boots had been well engraved in her mind. She threw herself in his arms, Aemond placing multiple kisses on her head. "Are you hurt?" Aelora shook her head, "physically, no." Aemond placed his hands on her cheeks to turn her eyes on him. "I thought I had told you not to insert yourself?" But Aemond simply shrugged, "I am your husband. Where you go, I go."

"Otto is dead," Daemon expressed. Aelora could see Aemond's eye fall to the ground. She brought her thumb to his cheek and began stroking it. "So I see," he replied to Daemon, emotionless. The rogue Prince let go of Dark Sister as he walked closer to Aelora and Aemond. "War has begun, Aemond. I hope you are prepared for it." He squeezed Aemond's shoulder as he walked away. Aelora looked up in the sky as she saw Vermithor taking off with Vhagar and Syrax close behind him.

The Princess could hear the screams from the burning men behind her. She thought she would feel better, but she wasn't satisfied just yet.

Her mother and her unborn sibling laid dead on the bridge Aelora was currently standing on. Aemond would lie if he said he didn't feel affected by Rhaenyra's death. She was his half-sister, as well as the mother of his wife. Rhaenyra had nestled herself deep in Aemond's brain and it was impossible not to think about her and where fate has taken her.

Aemond looked down at Aelora, noticing the drops of tears rolling down her cheek. He slid his thumb over them, wiping them away. "You are Rhaenyra's heir, Aelora."

"The Iron Throne is rightfully yours to take."

✺✺✺

aw now criston has a buddy as they burn for eternity <3