Estelle never understood why Isabel was with Jeff. He was terrible to her. He cheated— mostly with middle aged women, he was a self-absorbed, whiny bitch and, above all, Isabel could get about anyone she wanted. Her fair skin, light eyes and wavy hair gave her an angelic look. Estelle would do anything to be perceived like that.

            He went over what was going to happen many times. Isabel could find Brittany while Jeff prepared himself for his giant entrance, as with every other big event. Most of the time, Estelle had to film it for him. Dad would always want to see it, being the proud father he is, but he could never make it due to work, being the workaholic he is. It was a vicious circle and Estelle was trapped in the middle of it.

            But today she wasn't going to do anything like that. The redhead got a soda first thing, then stood in line for cotton candy. A tap on her shoulder made her turn around. Hazel stood behind her enthusiastically, with the bright smile she always wore.

            "How was summer?" Hazel asked. She wasn't aware of the death of Ginny Morrigan. Ginny had always kept quite to herself and the family tried to cover up the death and the situation before that as best as they could.

            "Uh— good, yeah, good." She lied as response. Lying wasn't Estelle's best skill, but Hazel was easily convinced. She raised her brows slightly. "Oh, right— how was yours?"

            Before summer Hazel had tried to teach Estelle how to make friends more easily by showing her some simple ways of gaining someone's interest. Such as asking how their summer was in return.

            Hazel beamed. "It was fun, yeah," She took the cotton candy from the man behind the shop in her hands as Estelle did the same. Estelle watched her eyes travel to something in the back. Hazel pointed at it momentarily. "Look, there's PJ and Josie, let's go say hi."

            "No, I don't want to..." Estelle muttered to herself in a soft whine. But Hazel hadn't heard her as she already practically jumped in front of the pair she called her friends. Estelle walked behind her and stood a little to the side, she felt like a lost puppy, unsure where to go. She loved to make more friends, however Josie and PJ ( especially PJ ) were incredibly intimidating.

            "Hey, guys." The short haired brunette greeted.

            Josie casted her eyes on her, seemingly tearing them away from something behind her. "Hi, Hazel." She shifted her gaze to Estelle. "Estelle. Didn't think I'd see you. How are the junkies?" All she got was a tight-lipped smile before Estelle looked back at Hazel, bringing the straw of her cup to her mouth in order not to say anything stupid.

            "Ugh, hey, Hazel. How was your summer? Were you with your uncle at the slop farm?" PJ greeted reluctantly. There was a sarcastic undertone, but Hazel never noticed those. She never noticed them from Estelle either.

            "If you mean volunteering at the National Meat Association," Hazel raised her eyes slightly as she tilted her head to side, a cheeky grin displayed on her face. "Yeah, it was good." She continued to speak. "You remember Estelle. She was in our class last year." Hazel pulled Estelle closer, forcing a wave out of her.

            "What're you guys doing here? You guys never come to the fair. And what happened to your arm?" Hazel didn't give them any time in between questions to answer them, and so PJ could only answer the last one.