punz

ᴛʀɪɢɢᴇʀ ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢꜱ ʟɪꜱᴛᴇᴅ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴘᴇɴɪɴɢ ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ'ꜱ ɴᴏᴛᴇ

punz steps out of the bathroom for what feels like the millionth time that night. he is drunkdrunkdrunk, and his bladder is not happy with his liquid intake. he doesn't care though, because it's his best friend's wedding and he's having a great time and the happy couple are more than happy and everything is perfect.

even the timing is perfect today, as punz makes his way back towards the wedding reception right as his parents step out of the large hall.

"punz," his had smiles, holding an arm out to the blond. punz immediately meets him for a hug. "me and liam are just heading off, it's way past our bedtime," the older man laughs.

honestly, punz is surprised they stayed as long as they did, even he is getting tired.

"plus, sapnap's parents keep trying to talk to us and i refuse to let liam tell them we hate them at the wedding. i can tell their patience is running thin," punz's dad laughs, glancing over at the third member of their family with a knowing look.

"not my fault they both have some goal to be the most annoying people here," his parent shrugs, looking worn out. the wedding reception has probably drained everyone, with all of the drinking and talking and laughing and dancing.

and crying, when punz's awesome best-man speech is involved.

"okay, well have a safe journey home," punz smiles, acting as sober as possible. his parents don't mind if he drinks, but it's just a reflex for him to be more mature when they're around. probably a habit from when he and sapnap would drink as teens and then try to hide it. "love you both."

they exchange goodbyes and hugs before the older couple finally leave and punz slips back into the reception. the lights are dimmed now, and any families who had children with them have now left, as well as anyone over the age of fifty. the part is mainly people punz's age now, but he knows that even they will start dispersing within the next half an hour until the wedding wraps up.

he spots karl and sapnap across the room, the brunette in his husband's lap, and he's certain they'll be leaving soon too. they both look tired, but still hopelessly in love.

"oh, punz!" he looks over, jumping slightly as tina throws herself into a hug with him, which he lags to reciprocate. "hi!"

"hey!" he chirps in response, hugging the brunette who is clearly just as drunk as everyone else.

tina pulls back, grinning. "dream was looking for you, by the way," she tells him, offering his arm a quick pat before excusing herself without another word.

punz laughs, certain that is the third or fourth time she has greeted him just to walk off again, and starts on a mission to find dream.

punz knows where everyone was seated throughout the night and he's seen how people have been moving around seats to chatter with family and friends, so he already has a loose understanding of where dream could be and it doesn't take him too long to identify the male from across the room.

he makes his way quickly over and, during his journey, dream looks in his direction and they make eye contact.

punz's drunken mind can't help the way it focuses on the way dream's legs spread slightly before he lifts one to place his ankle on the knee opposite, taking up more space and making himself look all dominating and authoritative.