sapnap

ᴛʀɪɢɢᴇʀ ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢꜱ ʟɪꜱᴛᴇᴅ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴘᴇɴɪɴɢ ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ'ꜱ ɴᴏᴛᴇ

sapnap looks over to his door as it opens, watching karl walk in with a grin across his features, looking nothing short of giddy.

"hey husband," he greets, smiling over at the brunette as he kicks off his shoes.

"hi husband," the other boy replies. he drops his work down bag by the door but keeps a suspicious piece of orange paper in his hand as he moves over to the lounge. there's a pep in his step, and he waves his hand to make the paper flap.

"good day at work?" sapnap guesses, standing up from the couch so he can hold his arms out to his husband, smiling when karl falls into them.

"so good," he answers, squeezing around sapnap's waist. he steps back sooner than he usually would but sapnap lets him, sensing the other's hyper energy. "look what leo made!"

sapnap takes the orange card, turning it to face him and immediately smiling at the glitter glue that covers the front of the page. there are two very poorly drawn stick people in the centre of the page, holding hands, and the words 'cungrashulatons on yor marige' written above them.

karl bounces on the spot as sapnap reads it, stimming in a way that sapnap has never seen him before. he looks so happy that the ravenette thinks he dies out of second-hand joy.

"this is adorable," he compliments, opening the orange card to read the large handwriting on the inside.

'to misstur aj... hapy cungrashulatons! frum leo.'

sapnap grins. "mister aj?" he asks, but his heart drops when he loos back up to see karl in tears. "woah, woah!" he leans down, carefully discarding the adorable card onto the coffee table before suffocating karl into an embrace. "what's wrong?"

"nothing," karl laughs, spluttering slightly through his tears. "all the kids were s-saying mister aj because normally it's just mister j but now i'm armstrong-jacobs so they changed it," he giggles through tears. "all of them were saying it."

sapnap laughs along, moving one hand to hold the back of his husband's head against his shoulder. "is this good crying, sweetheart?"

"yeah," karl confirms, sniffling as he nods against the ravenette, "i'm just really overwhelmed with emotions right now, i'm sorry."

"don't be sorry," sapnap scolds. he pulls back slightly, using his hold on karl's head to guide the brunette back enough that he could meet him for a kiss. "i love you."

karl chokes over a happy little cry, nodding. "i'm really happy," he says honestly, removing one hand from around sapnap so he could wipe quickly at his tears. sapnap pushes the hand away, replacing it with his own so he can gently brush the wetness away.

"you being happy is all i've ever wanted," sapnap tells him, leaning in to press a kiss to the rosy apple of his husband's cheek. he darts his tongue out as he pulls away, licking up a salty tear to provoke a laugh from the brunette. it works. "and we get to leave for our honeymoon tomorrow," sapnap reminds the brunette 'cause it's all he's been thinking about all day.