dream

ᴛʀɪɢɢᴇʀ ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢꜱ ʟɪꜱᴛᴇᴅ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴘᴇɴɪɴɢ ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ'ꜱ ɴᴏᴛᴇ

dream tips his beer back one last time, drinking the final sip of cool beverage.

the blond takes that as a sure sign that he should be leaving soon. he wasn't even planning to stay for a drink when he popped around.

he's alone on sapnap's couch right now, the ravenette's laptop discarded on the coffee table since he left to pee. in the meantime, while he waits, dream has been replying to his messages on tinder.

he hasn't been doing much swiping recently, since he's hardly able to balance all the conversations he's already having, but he thinks he'll have to get back into it soon since none of these chats seem to be going anywhere.

he doesn't bother hiding what he's doing when he hears sapnap re-enter the room behind him, so it doesn't come as a surprise when the ravenette walks past and asks, "you dating?"

dream sends the message he was typing before pocketing his phone and answering, "getting back into it, yeah. or trying, at least."

"yeah?" sapnap hums, settling back down on the couch. he makes no move to pick up his laptop again, so dream suspects the ravenette has had enough of their professional chat. "how's it going?"

dream shrugs. "not bad. i went on a date but it didn't go anywhere, we weren't really compatible. other than that i've hardly even got anyone off of the app," he admits, laughing humourlessly.

"have you just got it set to girls?" sapnap asks, leaning over to pick up his half-empty beer.

"i have it on boys and girls but all the guys are kinda weird. i have a feeling most of them identify as 'straight' in real life and just use the app to sext guys without having to accept they're actually gay," he scoffs, putting his own empty bottle down.

"can is see some of your messages?" sapnap asks, "maybe you're not getting anywhere 'cause you're bad at flirting."

"like you would know how to flirt any better," dream jokes, shaking his head. honestly, he can't think of many things he'd hate more than his brother reading the conversations he's been having on a dating app. "anyway, shouldn't we be finishing this?" dream says to change the subject, shifting forward on the couch and gesturing to the laptop.

sapnap rolls his eyes in a way that clearly exposes he was aware of the obnoxious subject change, but he doesn't dig as he leans forward and closes the laptop lid. "we can come back to this another time, you've already given me information overload," he laughs.

dream had only come over to say hi because he got bored and didn't want to start on work or go to the gym yet, but he ended up getting caught up with his brother when the younger boy asked him for advertisement advice for his garage.

"okay fair," dream laughs along. "we can talk about it again later, or i'll just text you."

sapnap nods in disinterested agreement. "anyway, it's less than a month till i get married." dream can't help his fond giggle, light-heartedly shaking his head at the younger boy. "i'm really excited."

"i can tell," the blond smiles, unexplainably happy for his little brother.

"we've finally booked our honeymoon," sapnap tells dream, clapping twice in an obviously failed attempt to suppress his excitement, "and i had two of my regulars who race like, proper pricey cars come in last week, one with a fucked bumper, one with a bad engine, so i put that paycheck towards getting us a top suite. karl doesn't know that yet, i can't wait to see his reaction."