sapnap

ᴛʀɪɢɢᴇʀ ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢꜱ ʟɪꜱᴛᴇᴅ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴘᴇɴɪɴɢ ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ'ꜱ ɴᴏᴛᴇ

when it comes to a wedding, stress is expected. people are bound to have worries and it's normal for it to feel like it's all about much.

it shouldn't be a problem, which is why sapnap's worry is amplified a million times over when tina comes to find him a mere five minutes before they're supposed to be starting. he can't help the way his heart drops - karl isn't just stressed, he's stressed enough that tina thinks it's necessary for sapnap to help.

that terrifies the ravenette.

his dad is not in the slightest bit happy when sapnap leaves the room he is supposed to wait in, mumbling something about being dramatic, but the ravenette ignores his dad.

tina leads him to the room where karl is staying and says she'll wait outside, which only worsens the ravenette's concerns.

he pushes the door open with a shake in his hand. from across the room, he can just about see the back of karl's head where he is sitting in an armchair, his face down, breathing heavily.

"i hope you're not getting cold feet," sapnap jokes, though even he can hear the realness in his tone. can he be blamed for thinking that is what this is leading to?

instead of an answer, all sapnap receives is a yelp before karl curls back behind the back of the chair so he's no longer in sight. "don't look at me!" the brunette scolds, and sapnap can hear his breathlessness in each word.

"why not? you probably look beautiful," sapnap says, wondering if this is all because karl is feeling self-conscious. again, it would make sense, since lots of people probably get overwhelmed by having all eyes on them during their wedding. the need to look perfect is demanding, sapnap knows that too. he's had his fair share of long moments appraising himself in the mirror.

"you're not allowed to see me yet, it's not traditional."

at that, sapnap can't help but smile. partially because he's just so fond of his lover's persistence in keeping to tradition, even in a time like this, and partially just because this means the wedding is surely still going on.

"right, sorry," sapnap apologises. he holds a hand over his eyes, blocking his vision, and says, "okay, i can't see anymore."

sapnap hears a quiet shifting sound before karl says, "okay me neither."

the ravenette prays there are cameras in this room, so they can ask for the footage of the two of them holding their hands over their eyes like a pair of idiots. he finds it even funnier when he starts slowly making his way across the unfamiliar room, being careful not to bump into anything. "marco?"

he hears karl giggle, sweet and real. "polo."

sapnap grins to himself, shifting over in the direction of his soon-to-be-husband's voice. "marco?"

"polo."

sapnap reaches out, feeling karl jump slightly as the ravenette's hand brushes over his shoulder. it takes him a short moment of tapping before his hand finds karl's jaw, holding it gently from where he is standing before the sitting boy.