sapnap

ᴛʀɪɢɢᴇʀ ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢꜱ ʟɪꜱᴛᴇᴅ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴘᴇɴɪɴɢ ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ'ꜱ ɴᴏᴛᴇ

george and sapnap share brief goodbyes as the ravenette leaves the mechanics, leaving the office keys with george in case he needs to get in for any reason. they're shut for the day and george's shift is technically over but he's working on a nice car right now and he hardly ever stops until the job is completely done.

sapnap would love to stay around and keep him company but, unfortunately (fortunately), he has a husband to get home to.

he's actually very excited to see his husband, though that isn't unusual because he's excited to see karl just about every hour of the day, and he makes the random decision to stop on his drive home to get karl some flowers.

just because they're married now doesn't mean the love should stop. sapnap doesn't ever want karl to think that he's just settling for the law's sake. sapnap hopes that, every day for the rest of their lives, he will find a million ways to remind karl why he fell for the ravenette.

scratch that, he wants karl to fall in love again a million times a day. which is a tough goal, admittedly, but he will do whatever it takes for the happiness of his husband to soar higher and brighter than any star or comet. he wants karl to feel elevated every day, like being with sapnap has just put everything together so perfectly and he will never need anything more.

sapnap already feels like that. all karl has to do is exist and the ravenette's life is complete. he will never feel more right than he does in his husband's company. he will never feel so whole and good and happy.

even as he is pushing open the door to karl and tina's apartment, he feels love flooding over him in the recognisable smell of their vanilla air freshener. it's like karl's presence alone is enough to make him giddy as he steps into the apartment and kicks off his shoes as he closes the door behind him.

flowers in hand, he makes his way towards the lounge to find karl already looking up at the entrance with a small smile.

"hey husband," the ravenette greets with a smile, quickly heading over so he can lean down over karl to meet him for a quick kiss.

"hey husband," karl greets back. his smile is tired but real as he takes the flowers being forced into his hands. "these are beautiful."

"beautiful flowers for a beautiful man," sapnap says, belatedly realising that his hands are squeezed together and he's shifting about and blushing like a preteen with a crush. seeing karl, in all of his ethereal beauty, with flowers he bought, just feels like such a big achievement. he also belatedly realises how cringey he is and resists the urge to kick himself.

"what are they for?" karl asks, seeming to struggle to tear his eyes from the flowers and look back at sapnap. sapnap sees his whole future in karl's eyes.

"just-" sapnap tries to think of an excuse but comes up empty-handed, "i just love you a lot, i guess."

karl pouts in an endeared way, looking back at the flowers as if the eye contact was provoking too much emotion in his heart. "i should probably put these in a vase then," he says, clearly flustered.

sapnap doesn't like how tired karl looks. "i'll do it," he insists and, without waiting for a response, plucks the flowers back from karl's hands. "one moment!" he turns swiftly, darting out of the lounge and into the kitchen where he finds tina standing by the hob.

he glances back and sees karl looking down at his hands, a thoughtful expression hung over his beautiful features. he looks stressed.

"could you please put these in a vase?" sapnap asks, which pulls tina's attention over to him.

"sure," she smiles, taking them.

"thank you," sapnap replies, already going to back out of the room. "i would do it but i need to go shower my husband in love otherwise he'll get frown lines," he jokes.

"alright," tina laughs, shaking her head and turning away again, presumably to find a vase.

sapnap heads quickly back into the lounge, rushing over to his husband and bending down to force the brunette into his arms bridal style. karl yelps as he is hauled off of the couch and sapnap just laughs as he carries him towards the bedroom. "what are you doing?" karl giggles, wrapping his arms tightly around the other's neck.

"getting my daily dose of husband's laughter before i die from withdrawals," sapnap jokes, carrying karl the short distance over to his bed before dropping the brunette down so he bounces slightly against the mattress. karl laughs more and sapnap finds himself uncontrollably grinning as he crawls into bed over his lover.

he leans down to press a long kiss to karl's lips, effectively cutting off his laughter. "how was your day?" he asks softly as he pulls away, following the question with another gentle kiss.

karl answers, "good," but it's blunt and the way he immediately tries to cut off the conversation with another kiss gives off much more than he clearly intends to.

so sapnap leans back, settling himself on his thighs over karl's lap so he's still on top but without pressing his weight on his husband. he moves his hands to push up the hem of karl's shirt to expose his belly so he can run his fingers over the soft skin, drawing shapes in a way that is hopefully relaxing to the other.

"you seem stressed," he comments, keeping his eyes on karl's belly so the additional eye contact doesn't freak the brunette out.

"i'm just tired," karl replies quietly. he reaches out to take one of sapnap's hands in his own but leaving the other to continue its gentle caressing. "work was long. i got told i had to do one-on-one with a child i've never even met before and he wasn't good with new people so it was rough. plus leo was crying at lunch because she missed me in lessons so that broke my heart," the brunette says with a sad laugh.

"you should've said no to being a one-on-one, why couldn't someone who already knew him do it? surely that would've been better for everyone?"

"yeah but i didn't want to be awkward," karl shrugs. "anyway i don't wanna talk about my rubbish day, can't we talk about like... our future kids or something," karl randomly suggests, clearly grasping the first subject change he can find.

"yes, we can talk about the two girls and two boys we're going to adopt and raise in a three-story house with a pool but first i want to remind you that setting boundaries doesn't make you awkward," sapnap tells his husband, moving to lie down beside him and pulling karl against his chest.

"we're not having four kids," karl mumbles into the ravenette's shirt. "two."

"four," sapnap corrects, stubborn and light-hearted. "and then when dream and punz also get married and have kids we can consider having even more so we can raise them as besties," sapnap says, now just upping the number because karl's grumbling reactions are amusing to him.

"two," he simply says. "how are punz and dream, anyway?"

"good i think," sapnap answers, kissing the top of karl's head. "i'm going to see punz on sunday so we can watch reality tv and drink beer so i'll ask him about it then."

"pair of losers," karl comments good-naturedly.

this is feeling a big happy-endingy, don't you think?

i love you !

-kit