punz

ᴛʀɪɢɢᴇʀ ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢꜱ ʟɪꜱᴛᴇᴅ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴘᴇɴɪɴɢ ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ'ꜱ ɴᴏᴛᴇ

punz is startled by his phone ringing against the kitchen counter, loud and sudden. he picks it up, smiling to himself when he sees his dad's contact on screen. he answers the facetime, grinning down at his phone.

he's a little surprised when his parent's face pops up rather than his dad's, but the pair of them are always using each other's phones so it shouldn't be all that shocking. "hey," the blond greets, chirpy.

"hey punz," liam replies, waving through the phone. "what're you up to?" they ask. they glance back over the top of the phone, nodding, and punz assumes that his dad is there too.

"well, i'm just about to break up with foolish," he answers honestly, followed by an awkward laugh. his amusement becomes more real when his parent's jaw drops.

in the background of the call, punz hears his dad gasp, and a fleeting moment blinks by before the phone is yanked into the older man's hands. punz doesn't miss the happiness in either of his parents' shock, but they've always said that foolish wasn't good enough for him. "how are you doing it?" his dad asks. even though he just snatched the phone, ivory sits down beside his partner on the couch, so punz can see both of their interested expressions.

"he's coming round," punz answers, sighing slightly. "i think he already knows, 'cause i took all my stuff and left my key at his and he's been texting and phoning me all morning, but i'm making it official, i guess."

"what did he do?" punz's parent asks. neither of the older couple have ever been fond of the brunette, though they've always done their best to act like they are (it still wasn't subtle). still, they aren't blind to the fact that something must have happened to push punz over the edge.

"i'll tell you later," punz dismisses, though he's not sure he will. telling his parents about sex and hall passes feels weird - he will probably just say foolish cheated on him and call it a day, that's all they really need to know.

"how are you feeling?" ivory asks, unintentionally shifting the phone so his face is taking up the screen, effectively cutting his partner out of the shot. liam obviously squeezes back in, which makes punz smile fondly.

"i'm okay," he says, and he doesn't even know if he's lying. his feelings are so confusing at the moment, it's hard to pick just one. "i'm more angry than sad though," he says, which is true.

last night he was very upset, crying and shaking and feeling like he could be sick with the weight of his sobs, but he woke up this morning and was just numb. it hit him like a truck when he remembered everything, hurting all over again, but then it just... went. he started thinking over all the shitty things foolish did and just got more and more angry until he got to the point where he needed foolish here so he could finally drop the brunette.

he's sure the sadness will come back tenfold when he's officially single.

"anyway, why did you call?" he asks, trying to change the subject as he feels his chest twisting. his parents are clearly interested in the breakup, but they only ever call if it's somewhat important and punz doesn't want to overshine their moment.

"oh, yes!" ivory chirps. he passes the phone to liam as he gets up, and punz shares a smile with his parent over the excitement of the older man.