punz

ᴛʀɪɢɢᴇʀ ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢꜱ ʟɪꜱᴛᴇᴅ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴘᴇɴɪɴɢ ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ'ꜱ ɴᴏᴛᴇ

punz parks in the very minimal parking lot outside of his best friend's apartment building. he's probably unintentionally taking a resident's parking space but they're not reserved so he doesn't care.

he reaches across to grab the six-pack of beers from his passenger's seat before pushing open his car door and stepping out. the blond lets himself into the building with the code his friend gave him and makes his way upstairs. as expected, the ravenette's apartment door is left propped open, ready for punz's arrival.

he lets himself in, kicking away the shoe that was holding the door so it would shut itself and loudly announcing, "daddy's home."

he doesn't know what compels him to say that and he grimaces at himself a little but it's okay because he hears sapnap laughing from the next room over before shouting back, "in the lounge."

the blond makes quick work of kicking off his shoes before traversing the space he has become so familiar with. he finds the ravenette on the couch with his feet up on the coffee table like a complete slob. there's an unopened bag of doritos on the table and the tv is streaming some reality show that is definitely catered to the interest of teenage girls.

typical sapnap.

the blond greets his friend with a fist bump as he sits down beside him, putting the beers down and immediately starting to rip the cardboard holding them all together. "i've had an idea for your bachelor party," he starts, because he doesn't want to get carried away with their regular mindless chit chat and forget.

"i thought we agreed i wasn't having one?" sapnap says, nothing but genuine curiosity in his tone as he moves his feet down to sit properly, looking over at punz with obvious interest.

"i know but i was thinking about it last night and figured we might as well do something small, at least," he suggests. he gets a beer free and doesn't bat an eyelid as he uses the edge of sapnap's table to pop off the cap - it earns him an eye roll, so he gives the first drink to his friend as a mock-apology. "i thought maybe you, me, foolish, your brother and that george guy from your work would be a good group."

"i mean yeah, but what would we do?" sapnap asks, taking a long swig of his drink before continuing, "i don't wanna empty bank on a bachelor party for five people."

"yeah well, i was thinking we could just do like a bar crawl. everyone can spend their own money on drinks and it'll be a no-hookup rule, just a lads' night out since we're getting too old to do them casually now."

"jesus, punz," sapnap laughs, "we're only twenty-four."

"yeah but our jobs make us seem older," he dismisses, waving a hand. "we don't have enough free time to be able to excuse randomly clubbing, so we might as well use this opportunity while it's here. plus, i'm sure there's some traditional reason why people go out for bachelor parties."

"i'm pretty sure it's to sleep with people and celebrate their last period of 'freedom' before getting married, which is just stupid. marriage should feel like freedom."

"love's made you all poetic, man."

"shut up," sapnap scoffs. punz has got himself a beer now, and both men are lounging back on the couch, cool drinks in hand. "but yeah, sounds good. i guess we just need to find a day when everyone's free."