dream

ᴛʀɪɢɢᴇʀ ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢꜱ ʟɪꜱᴛᴇᴅ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴘᴇɴɪɴɢ ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ'ꜱ ɴᴏᴛᴇ

when news of the wedding first came around, sapnap told dream that he could invite a date to come with him as company. he had told his little brother that it was unlikely and, later on, confirmed he wouldn't be bringing anyone.

it's too late to invite someone now and, even if it wasn't against wedding etiquette to rsvp so late, he still wouldn't invite someone to come after only knowing them for a few weeks. his little brother's wedding is too important to him, he doesn't want to waste the day with someone who isn't yet a priority in his life.

despite this, sapnap's offer did get him thinking about relationships and such, and how long it's been since he's actually dated. it inspired him to get out there again, to try and meet new people, but that just led to him downloading apps again, which he hates.

dream isn't against the concept of dating apps, and he will confess it is a good way to meet someone, but he despises the thought of a future where he tells his kids that he met their parent online. what kind of expectations does that set for their love life? he wants his kids to keep up the dreamy expectations of proper romance and a fairytale ending.

he wants a proper love, however hopeless that might be.

despite this, dream has a date to get to. he has just left the gym, settling back in his car, and his hair is still an uncomfortable cold-wet because the blow driers in the men's changing rooms are shit.

his gym bag is discarded in the passenger seat beside him and his phone is in his hand as he navigates his way to tinder to refresh his memory on where he is supposed to be meeting his date.

he finds the location and taps it into his car's satnav system before messaging his date, letting her know he is on his way, and then quickly checking his texts. he has a message from one of his colleagues about some numbers they don't understand, so he quickly replies to that before finally dropping his phone down by his bag and starting the car.

it's a ten-minute drive and, within the first few minutes, he is already on a call from work. he's talking to someone in a higher position than him through his car's sound system, advising them on something.

dream is good at what he does, very good. he's high in power too, so people often run things through him. dream has been told by colleagues before that he is the best at their company, and that they aspire to have his knowledge, but he usually just dismisses the buttery words. he's only good because he puts in the effort.

dream has to end the call early when he arrives at the restaurant, apologising to his superior even though he's not supposed to be working right now. though, his hours really aren't strict at all. if he gets the work done, they don't care when he does it.

when he checks back on tinder, he has a message from his date saying she's a few minutes away, walking, so he spends his last little bit of free time on emails, tying up work strings and making sure he's up to date with everything.

dream's favourite thing about working from home is choosing when and where he works - he can do bits here and there, or do a meeting from his brother's place, or reply to emails from a café. he loves it, frankly, and he thinks the freedom is part of the reason why he's so inspired to constantly keep up his hard work.