Chapter 14: Liar

Authors POV

Life is nothing but a series of choices made, choices be it huge or small, trivial or crucial

Life is nothing but a series of choices made, choices be it huge or small, trivial or crucial. LIFE is the entire outcome of the choices taken by us to either gain something or to lose everything.

Ayra made a choice to bring life to her dream, a dream which is life threatening, which could make her lose everything significant, everything that matters to her, the stake is too high to lose.

But Aarav, he was given a choice to pause and restart life, to create his dream into a reality, a life where he has that fair chance to win everything, to mend his broken pieces.

And the choice led them to their marriage.

Wearing a simple off-white Anarkali, draped with an embroidered dupatta from her right shoulder to head, paired with minimal kundan earrings and a head gear, Ayra joined Aarav, who was standing at the brim of the gurdwara hall in a white loose turban paired with a white kurta and coat.

To keep the affair compact and private, they chose to tie the holy knot in the gurdwara. The families resisted with a whole grand wedding celebration but providing the reason of Vimal's crucial health condition, the would be couple convinced the enthusiastic crowd with a promise to host a lavish reception later.

Though he gave a holiday to his overwhelming brain receptors who were just sending one signal to run away from the earth, still he hesitantly forwarded his right palm towards the bride who looked almost paranoid at the unfolding of the scene. She thought it would be easy to perform this contract marriage but the dress, the jewelry, the ambivalent thoughts were bothering.

She closely glanced at him, placing her warm hand into his cold ones. Deep breaths were taken, and they made their way inside the holy place where the families and close relatives & friends warmly welcomed them.

Ayra and Aarav offered the prayers by bowing down to the almighty and sat on the floor next to each other in front of Guru Granth Sahib. The gathered men and women were sat separately in groups behind them.

The Ragis (Sikh musicians) began to sing the congregational prayer. After the brief prayer, the couple with their parents stood up to provide their consent for the wedding while everyone else remained seated, the wedding official offered the Ardas, a prayer for the success of the marriage and advised the significance, responsibilities and roles associated with the deed.

The rivals affirmed the acceptance of their arrangement's obligations and bowed together before the Guru Granth Ayra sat to the left of the Aarav directly in front of the holy book.

Nandini tenderly pecked her son's head, draped a long golden scarf around the Aarav's shoulder and placed the right end of the scarf in his hands. Mrs. & Mr. Rai carefully took the left end of the scarf and passed it over Ayra's shoulder giving her the left end to hold.