Chapter 13: Promise

Aarav's POV

Coronary Heart Disease.

8 days back, doctors ran a few more tests to finally detect that dad's heart muscle was blocked, medically termed as coronary heart disease and an instant bypass surgery needed to be performed.

He had been an emotionless man all his life, who just knew how to make money and use his power to create a way through all the circumstances but now his own arteries not letting the blood pass through his heart. Ironic.

Mom was completely devasted, she almost fainted upon hearing this, cried for days, even argued with her god. She loved dad more than anyone and couldn't afford to lose him.

Neither could I.

Not that I had started liking him or something, but he is my father. A father who just tried to mould his 'supposed-to-be-perfect' son into the framework of an ideal heir.

But he failed terribly, I could not become what he wished for. He even failed to teach me not to cry my heart out while witnessing him lying on the bed unconscious, connected to numerous machines. That emotionless man just desired to shape me into another emotionless robot but I feel all these emotions that guide us to crave our paths, to make right choices. Luckily.

And the only emotion I would feel beside pain is helplessness.

It feels like you are trapped inside a box with keys to open it, but the lock is on the other side where you can't reach. The exhausting procedures, the threatening reports, the long medical queues, the hospital smell are exhausting.

Every single time the doctor called us for discussion I got frightened, scared at the thought of another complication in his condition. Everyone around tried to sympathize, to keep the hope intact.

But how could someone not break down in such a crisis? Our world was falling apart, and it was strenuous to keep the hope unscathed. Everything around just sucked except one.

Ayra

Who would have imagined when everything would be dropping down, the woman whom apparently hate the most would make things better.

All these days, it was her who stood by my side, harder than me, hoped better than me. Unlike others she didn't give long assurance speeches, rather she made me feel that assurance, that no matter what she is here, and that's enough.

Her presence gave me strength to not lose hope, to have some more faith. Everything was unsaid yet I would hear that, I would hear her. Her vehement aura, the determined zeal to fix everything somewhere feels like a source of solace, maybe.

She didn't push me back when I mistakenly hugged her in lobby, rather made me comfortable when that's not her job, yet she did.

Maybe she is not that rude. She kept that soft caring girl behind the façade of workaholic grumpy woman.

Drama Bee.

Yeah, I just updated from Stalin to Drama Bee in my contact log. This suits more on her.

She also knew the pain of losing someone. My heart sank to ground when she narrated about Maniya's accident, it took me straight to Eisha.