Chapter 2: Seeker

Authors's POV

Authors's POV

"Aarav you can't live your life in this constant slumber of trying hard to keep that masked façade. Walk away from this bro." Sahil gravelly tried to explain Aarav who seemed to be lost in his thoughts, gulping the cold wine down his throat.

"I can't give them another reason for disappointment Sahil. I wished it was easy" Aarav reasoned him dolefully.

"Aarav can you once for God's sake once prioritized yourself over everyone. Please." Sahil begged him with a hostile look.

Unwilling to continue this conversation Aarav dragged Sahil towards the dancing crowd. Throwing his arms up down in the air he started matching the beats of the music. He wished to lose in the ambience of music away from all the voices, contradictions, desires. He wished to zone himself out from this world, the one which doesn't belong to him.

Can he run away?
No.

He wished but he couldn't. Life is too messy to get sorted. But he didn't want to think about any of those. He needed an escape, and nothing is better than spending time with friends. Sahil is great company one can have; he is an energetic idiot who is way too obsessed with Mumbai's clubbing.

Suddenly, a hand snaked around his shoulder, he found a pretty lady trying to dance with him.

Pretty frank she was a stranger. "Too much guarded Aarav it's just a dance and FYI you are in a club so chill down boy" his inner voice chuckled at him.

He turned around to share some moves with the lady next to him. Bringing his hand to her back he reduced the distance between them, her hands reached his neck, and they moved rhythmically to the music.

"Aren't you too handsome to be alone in this club?" she said to him.

"I am here with my friend there Sahil dancing with..."

"Too many girls, your friend got taste" she completed.

"I think so he has his own charms you know"

"Well fortunately am interested in your charms handsome"

A smile creeped on his face. He continued," I guess I have already impressed you with my charms that's why out of all you came here to dance with me" he winked at her. She leaned forward waited for him to invade her personal space, he stepped towards her looking straight into her eyes and suddenly something vibrated in his pant pocket. He took out his phone and 'Hitler' flashed on the screen.  "Time to go back to Hitler's den Aarav Mehra" he muttered to himself and left that girl and club in middle. Like always he had to, life never offered many choices to him.

Aarav Mehra, compassionate, generous and outgoing twenty-eight years old is the only heir to 'Mehra Finance Limited' his dad's business. Well talking about the business then that's the least interesting aspect of his life. He hates it with his everything, having no choice but to take it farther towards doom of course that can be a new beginning to his life. People think that a single child has a lot of advantages, but fewer do they know that being a single child, having all the attention of parents, more precisely being watched at every single move, can be frustrating a big time frustrating. And life worsens the moment you have a different opinion than your parents and you are forced into situations and decisions you never dreamt of. Too fragile to voice out his thoughts, his dreams, he accepted his fate. He gave up on making any more efforts to live his dream. He somehow made himself used to this arrangement. He can't anymore satisfy his parents no matter how hard he tries, he really wished to escape his reality to break this shell of the perfect family and for once wish to swim in the pool of his dreams happily but guess what it's not possible in this lifetime. Still, he believes to enjoy this life in all the ways possible, to find happiness in those small moments, in the moments where he is just himself just Aarav without any burdens any scars. For the world he is son of a mighty investor, his shadow, but he has his own individuality, which is hidden under the façade of ideal son, perfect heir and brave man. Brave? Was he brave enough? He is not a shadow; he wishes to be an illuminating blaze. Hiding those aspirations, scars and dreams he finally reached the Hitler's den.