Chapter 7: Ride

Aarav's POV

Café Coffee Light. I put the name on the map and followed the directions to meet her. Pulling out any decent conversation with her has always been an exhausting task. I am sure one day either of us will break the other's head.

Mumbai is a lively city, people here might live in small, congested places but they dream of being big and colossal, many cannot touch those huge towers, but the waves of Marine drive always welcome all on its shore. I grew up here, admiring the contrasting beauty of the city, the chaos on local trains, and the calmness of Kanhere caves, everything balances each other and completes these seven scattered islands together into one. The only thing I dislike here is this fucking traffic. Why do there have to be so many people out on the roads? I do not want her to taunt me again for being late. Putting the car in third gear, I drive swiftly and quickly. After parking the car, I glanced at the watch '6:35'.

She will surely give another lecture on time management and discipline. Why does she speak so much unnecessarily?

"6 minutes late." She showed me her coral black watch to me, and I rolled my eyes at her.

"I don't own a flying carpet unlike you." I shrugged while pulling a chair for me

"Pathetic excuse. Anyways let us get straight to the business" she took some papers from her bag and handed the same to me.

"Contract?" I raised my brows while looking at the papers

"This is an agreement between us for the arrangement we will going to follow for a year. I have tried to incorporate all the necessary clauses you can read and in case you want to add something to it we can discuss that too." She said firmly

"But why do we need a contract for this? The arrangement will be going to stay between us" I vocalized

"I do not trust cheaters like you. What if you deceived me again? I don't like giving chances to anyone to betray me in any form. And it's better if we stick to something in written form. What if I want to sue you in court later? I need some evidence to prove you guilty" she blatantly passed a sharp smile

"No wonder everyone calls you shrewd and dark in the market." I exhaled.

"Well, that's great. Read all the clauses, so that if needed I can get this fixed and we can go ahead with this arrangement shit." She called the waiter to give her order for a chocolate brownie and espresso. I asked for a cold mocha.

Let's start with the contract.

This legal agreement was made and entered into on 20th January 2023, by and between Ms Ayra Rai and Mr Aarav Mehra, for their cordial behavior during their legal marriage which will last till the end of this year. Both parties hereinafter adhered to the below-mentioned clauses.

Clause 1: neither of the parties will interfere and invade the personal space of other

Her audacity to add this clause after creating a mess in my personal life.

"You better remember the first clause" I seriously asserted

"We are not kids anymore," she replied with a grave expression

Clause 2: none of the parties will assert any rights over the other

Better