Chapter 1

Shannon's P.O.V.

May 2018

"AND THAT IS A WRAP!" The sound of applause comes to my ear as I rose up from my last shot. We're currently at the headquarters shooting the looks for the new lookbook of Elizabeth and James and I say they look good as always. I smile to myself as the people around me get all busy packing up, whispers and mumbles of catch up phrases like where are you going after this or want to get coffee or something or maybe about to start, I mean continue, the gossip session they were having just right before the photoshoot starts. Its nice hearing those things though, even though you won't actually get to hear the other person's side because they are too far gone before you even have the chance to. Some says that its eavesdropping and that its wrong but I say its just hearing a part of a person's story and that is wonderful to me.

"That was fucking amazing." I turn my head at the sound of Mary Kate's voice. She smiles in full satisfaction so maybe the pictures turned out great. I let out a chuckle as she takes my arm linking it with hers while we approach Ashley who's been behind the monitors this whole time.

"How did I do?" Ashley rolls her eyes and shakes her head.

"Obviously, pictures turned out perfect, not surprised at all." She smirks rolling her eyes. Working with these two for a year is the closest feeling I have to a family. Well, living alone in California for 8 years after your parents died in a car accident ten years ago then moving to New York 2 years after, still alone, can put my belief of regaining that feeling of a family into test. But these two have changed that, somehow.

"It was a pleasure working with you two." I say sarcastically as I take off the lenses of my camera. Mary Kate giggles beside me still her arm on mine.

"Where are you going after this?"

"Home."

Buzz! I pulled my phone out of my pocket as Mary Kate watches me maybe hoping I would really go home after this so she can invite me over for some dinner again, just like they always do and honestly they're giving me the special treatment too much, other people are starting to hate me for it.

Kit:Meet me and James for dinner, We will discuss your schedule for next week.

"On second thought, I have a meeting." Their eyes snap towards me in disbelief. Ashley's stare was so intense, for a second I thought she was going to throw one of the monitors at me. Well, I really haven't told them that one of my best friend, Jess, got me a new job as an assistant director for a show, which I don't really have any details on just that it was about grief and loss, a woman lost her husband, he died and she has to deal with it anyways. It was interesting because I've gone through that and its really a hard time most especially if your literally on your own, Anyway maybe this is a good training field for my career in directing.

"A meeting? with who? Are you going behind our backs?" Mary Kate gives me a hard slap on the chest it actually hurts a little.

"What? hey that actually hurt." I give my chest a slight stroke soothing the slight pain on it before meeting their squinted eyes in suspicion. "I'm still with you guys, I just got hitched with a directing job, but if that offends you—"

"What! Oh my God, really!" I let out a chuckle as Mary Kate literally jumps on me and Ashley finally stands up from her stupid chair and walks over to me giving me a tight hug. "Oh that is fucking awesome! That is huge."

"Yea" I chuckled.

"We need to celebrate! Tomorrow, I demand a dinner." Ashley smiles looking at me with puppy dog eyes, so now I have two women clinging into me like I'm some kind of a pillow or something.